A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photography?

Photography?

I was thinking a Photography forum would be a pretty good idea. With the success of the weekly photo challenges in the arena, I think it would be pretty cool. I have alot of pictures that I would love to get reviewed, and I love seeing other people's work. It would probably be pretty popular too, alot of the "older" FK members are heavily into photography, and as a whole, and as an art, I think it is starting to get alot more popular. Anyway, you should do this.

and if you need a moderator for the photo forums me and EVP would be perfect

Let me just add to this a little bit, as I really, really want this to happen.

There are always threads in the Coffee Lounge asking about which camera people should get, people talking about their new camera, certain techniques, just random photo stuff. They usually, like every other thread in the CL, get hijacked within minutes. It has happened to me, a place where these can get the proper responce would be awesome.

As I said before, there really isn't anywhere on the forums to display and critique photo's. I have lately been spending alot of my online time just browsing through photography, and if I could combine that with FK somehow, I would be the happiest guy alive. I want to see what FK members can do with their camera's, I am always interested to see what people can do through any medium, and alot of members take pictures.

Photography challenges are fun, but they don't really belong in the arena, if there was another forum for them, we could probably have a much bigger response, and alot more different types of photo challenges, which would be pretty fun.

Anyway, I hope you guys will seriously consider it, I think it really could add to this community. It would draw more members, and I think it could be fairly successfull. I would be willing to devote as much time as I possibly can to make it work, just give it a chance.

If someone like me actually takes time to write something moderatly long, you can tell I want it done

These orphans have nothing, but if they could have one thing, just one, they would want a Photography Forum....do it for the orphans.

I've thought about that often myself.
    The thing is we already have several forums that cover a great deal of the same area.

Every week we have a photo competition in the arena.
    As far as learning photograply basically what you have are the basics
    Depth of focus and composition. unless your into model's portrature where lighting comes strongly into play.
    The rest of it is really darkroom/graphics editor techniques which really is personal selective process and varies from program to program.

I agree, open a Photography forum.

I like the photography competitions in the Arena, but I think they would be better served outside in a dedicated photography forum. The Arena is frankly a bit messy as it is.

A place to showcase and talk about equipment, technique, photography blogs, photography services, photo editing, what to charge for service.... there is pleny to talk about when it comes to photography.

Good idea.

hmm,,, like I said
    competitions-Arena
    Editing D&G
    Services/Pricing-Boardroom
    Equipment-Lounge

I like photography, I studied it in college. I think we cover a lot of the bases already.
    And yep we do have some talented photographers/graphic editors in our mysts.

Planet gives the final word and lets not forget that we (flashkit) are a part of a larger
    body (jupitermedia) so he may have to kick it upstairs for approval as so not to compete with a sister site.

I'm not saying it will or won't happen however the chances for it happening increase
    as threads on related matter increase and interest increases on a greater part of the community.

Jupiter images

Jupiter images seems prety good
    see advert above

jupiter images is just stock photography, no forums or discussion.

o yep, your right

alty29 have you tried worth1000.com
    forum isnt bad there

Quote Originally Posted by zanet
    o yep, your right

alty29 have you tried worth1000.com
    forum isnt bad there
    I don't think alty is looking for a Photography forum. He is trying to get one here to make FK better.

Jupitermedia is more then jupiter images.
    Look below at the small print.
    Jupiter web is one of the big four groups that jupitermedia owns
    Internet.com is one of the divisions of jupiterweb
    Somewhere in internet.com flashkit exists.
    It's big there are over 30 boards I'm currently active in 3

Having a photography forum here would be nice... will it fly is the question
    will members seek it out and populate it. I won't say spam the boards but I will
    say the more members whom respond to this thread the more it will perk Planet's
    interest.

I think it's a great idea.

FK'n Elitist Super Mod EVPohovich's Avatar
    I was going to talk to Planet about this one on one, but I gues you beat me to the puch alty. There is some great talent here at FK and photography is definaltey a skill that a lot of members here have acquired over the years.

The reason that I started to come here to Flash Kit is because of the talent level as well as the diversity here. Honestly, it is the only reason that I have stayed. Nurturing this asset is something that seriously shold be looked at closely.

Frets, we all realize that we are one part of JuiterMedia, but we are a large part, correct? How long did gerbick have to raly for the Arena? Now look at it, the level of talent in there is literally stagering. As far as Themed Photography goes, technically it is not a "battle" or a "competition" is is more or a creative challenge. I was not sure it was in the proper place when I started it, but I trudged on anyways. I wuold have no problem moving Themed Photography to a photography forum and having the Arena expand into true photography battles. I am not sure if any of you remember (or even saw) the battel between flashpenguin, ondraedan, and myself. The "No Stock Battle" was a lot of fun, and we all used our own photos as well as PS.

A place to talk about photgraphy here at FK would be a wonderful idea. What do you say Planet? Do we need to kick it upstairs, or can we get this off of the ground? I am sure if I put up a poll that is would go over with flying colors with the membership.

500 posts!!

My 2 cents...

I'd love to regroup the Design & Graphics, Art & Anime, Arena, and potentially a Photography forum(s) into a Design sub-category here at FK. Arena would be moved from "Discussion"... it's not a place where discussions really are supposed to happen anyway. This is part of what I'd love to see here.

In other words, I'm all for this.

But now I have to play devil's advocate. Who's going to moderate the aforementioned forums? Art & Anime has CNO for a moderator... he hasn't been here for ages.

EVP is doing a damn good job in the Arena sponsoring the Weekly Photo Challenges, and he's an ace photographer. Would love to see him over in Photography as well. I think we'd need another mod, I've been looking at Driciotti for the Arena already... as well as General/Newbie Flash. He'd be a great asset in the Design & Graphics area, imho, too.

Now, alty29, I won't waffle here. I haven't seen you contribute as much in the past as you have lately - you've been around quite a bit, and doing a lot. But will it stay that way? That's a question I have to ask when considering a future moderator for recommendation.

Also, who else should be in the aforementioned forums?

I think since FK has gone to a new version, we need to make a few regroups here and there to really push this site in some areas. And the Design side of things are being pushed aside a little bit, imho.

Would like to see this. Yes.

Now, who can we all find to moderate in those places.

I'm already in: News, 3D, Swift3D, Arena and the Coffee Lounge.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

I had some home problems before, which is why I wasn't able to be on as much, which I know sounds like a cop out, but it's the truth. Everything is straight now, so I will be on more and more. I also am probably either switching my major to photography, or just taking a bunch of courses on it, so my interest is going to be pretty high, I would constantly be on an FK related photo forum, mod or not, I just think it <u>needs</u> to be here.

I definitely agree with the regroup towards design, I feel like FK would really benefit from it, and I really don't see any drawbacks towards it.

(and I should be getting my d70 for my graduation present, that really isn't relavent, but I am starting to get excited.)

Don't laugh, but I would be happy to moderate in a revamped D&G.

Addicted To FruityLoops Studio FlashKid105's Avatar
    Well,

I think it'd be a great idea to have a Photography forum since I've seen a lot of photo threads in the Arena, myself. Although, I'm not really a photographer (just a digital artist) so I wouldn't be much of a participant there.

def would be nice, i love viewing other people photos.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

I like the idea, too bad i dont have a camera...
    Artificial Memories v0.9.2b
    "Preserving life's precious moments and making new ones"
    © 2009 MemoryCorp - A Walmart company