A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: DQS vs. Flashkit ?

Official FK nice guy and MOD 3PRIMATES's Avatar
    Hello people. Im going to request an extension right now, although I dont think I will need much of it.
    The sad news is and Im sorry to bring you down, but my two young cousins drown over fathers day. I will be going to Eugene for the funerals in the morning, but I expect to be back by early evening. I have already started my submission and will get back on it when I return.

Please dont pass me up. I'll be back soon.

3P

It's not that we want to pass you up, but if you're not feeling up to it, feel free to pass. I don't think there's a person involved that doesn't understand. As far as the extension goes, it's yours.

Just let us know anything we can do, if need be. Sorry to hear about your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Komprehend this! imaginerstudios's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3PRIMATES
    Hello people. Im going to request an extension right now, although I dont think I will need much of it.
    The sad news is and Im sorry to bring you down, but my two young cousins drown over fathers day. I will be going to Eugene for the funerals in the morning, but I expect to be back by early evening. I have already started my submission and will get back on it when I return.

Please dont pass me up. I'll be back soon.

3P
    Oh man, I am very sorry to hear that

Like Gerbs said, If there is anything the community can do to help you out, let us know man. I will personally keep you and your family in my prayers.

Maybe Gerbs it might be best to change the line up around, and put who ever is next in line up for the volley. I hope 3Primates will be able to come back to us, and shock us at the end of this battle.

www.battlefarm.com / The ultimate photoshop battle grounds.

Hi,
    ok Im home and on top of this. I'll try to have something up tonight or in the morning.

Thank you all for the support. Losing an older family member is hard enough, but when its a child/children it really hits you hard. I am a new father and could not imagine what it would be like to lose my little one to such a tragedy.
    Thank you for the prayers.

3P

Ok boys and girls, mine is up.
    Cool, Im only a couple hours over the original deadline. Looks like I wont need that extra time after all. (Thanks Gerbs)

3P

dude, that's just sick. I mean... cool

quite a departure from the norm, and it incorporates part of the prior image... nicely done dude. take care, and again... need anything, I'm easily contacted.

Those skin textures are simply amazing.

It kinda looks like me every time I get sunburned.

Good work, 3P! Excellent texturing!

ay yo... EVP or nords... or whomever wishes to take this over, please do so for the next few days. I'll be on a business trip to three different states, and I might be gone for as soon as four days, or as long as 10 days... if not longer.

I'd appreciate that hugely.

FK'n Elitist Super Mod EVPohovich's Avatar
    got your back mang.....good luck on your trip.

So your gonna volley twice? I wouldn't mind a stab at this and i'm down as an alternative
    "Wah wah wah Dorothy Parker wah wah wah" - hanratty21

He's not taking over gerb's volley, just his organizing and overseeing for team FK.

Nice image E, but you and I both know that the image of the girl's eye is not stock...Be more careful about your chosen images next time.

Quote Originally Posted by ondraedan
    He's not taking over gerb's volley
    My mistake, I just remembered Gerbs saying in a PM that he may need someone to take over his place and his volley is approaching

Ooooooooh, busted E
    "Wah wah wah Dorothy Parker wah wah wah" - hanratty21

Quote Originally Posted by ondraedan
    He's not taking over gerb's volley, just his organizing and overseeing for team FK.

Nice image E, but you and I both know that the image of the girl's eye is not stock...Be more careful about your chosen images next time.
    Dude, whats wrong with using it for a fun battle? I am not making any money on it? I am not using it on my site to promote my self, and I am not afraid to admit that I am a google image whore when it comes to doing battles.

When it comes to client, and real work however, I actully go the distance with my photography, or purchasing stock photography. For a battle I dont have the time, or I dont feel like spending the money for stock photography.

If I have to worry about what I use in battles, than I think we better start pointing the stick at a lot of people.

Sorry if I seem upset, I am just wondering why you could not PM me your thoughts instead of bringing in public if you thought it was a concern.

Alright, I see where you're coming from. Not to say I agree, because there are plenty of free, quality stock photos out there. But that image isn't a photo, someone put alot of time into making it from nothing, and I believe it's wrong to use it without permission, battle or no.

I could have voiced my opinion a bit more discreetly though, and for that I do apologize.

No worries, man. I just dont want flaming to start. I mean I see a lot of battles, even in this one where google images was used. The only people who look at this stuff is us few guys that come here. The image is not what we are looking at, it is the skill, and eye of the photoshop artist here.

If everyone else stoped using google, I might feel a little guilty, and not use it, but quite frankly a lot of folks do, so I have no shame.

FK'n Elitist Super Mod EVPohovich's Avatar
    O, I haven't seen fearless around lately. Can you tell him that his turn is up?

I think what O was getting to was, if you'll check my posting in the battle thread for example, giving stock credit. Not that big of a deal mang, that's just what we do here. Carry on!!

Quote Originally Posted by EVPohovich
    O, I haven't seen fearless around lately. Can you tell him that his turn is up?

I think what O was getting to was, if you'll check my posting in the battle thread for example, giving stock credit. Not that big of a deal mang, that's just what we do here. Carry on!!
    That is actully a fair idea. Very fair. I am sorry I never did it before. USually I use a lot of 3d, and stuff from scratch in volleys. I am just mixing my stlye up with some photography. I wish I could remember where that image came from. But I will give credit in the volley posting next time. You are certainly right about that.

fearless is up...?...nice!
    i really can't believe how great this battle is turning out.
    3P - that volley was absolutely painful, but oh so cool.
    and imageiner's is fresh, clean, and well balanced.

am i allowed to say that the 'kit is kicking booty...?

Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book

Quote Originally Posted by imaginerstudios
    I wish I could remember where that image came from. .
    Here's the artist's homepage, it's in his portfolio under 3d modelling.

I'll tell fear it's his turn, but the chances of him needing to skip are more than fair.