A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: explorer.monticello.org

explorer.monticello.org

check this site out - its fantastic!

http://explorer.monticello.org/

the walk through house is sooooo well dont - god knows how many hours went into making this one!!

Once the 3d modle of the house was completed it shouldn't have taken another week.

1 3D model, 1 navgation ActionScript that only works if your moving through conjoining rooms, not the most mind blowing thing I have ever seen personally.

Wanna see some Flash in 3D that was all that hard?

www.tokyoplastic.com

granted - but im not just talking about how hard it was to make the 3d model or programme that one piece. The overall functionality and user experience is emense. Every room has its contents listed at the bottom of the page that you can explore - I guess it may even be TOO much information.

But i think the smoothness of the navigation around the house is second to none - and its its ease of use is very gratifying.

Tokyo plastic is undoubtably a very stylish and well designed site- and as the monticello site may not be the most original looking or stylish site - I think it does a great job of what its meant to do - that of showing the history of the place and allowing people to explore it

They did put a ton of time into it, which is very obvious by the level of detail, I think I was just pointing out how it was done to encourage anyone reading it.

Just trying to say that some really great things can be accomplished with less effort than you would think. So give it a go!

yep - good point - i do get carried away sometimes

waitting to long!!^