A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Where Can I Download Flash MX

Where Can I Download Flash MX

Hello,

I bought two extensions and found that the components could not work in Flash MX 2004. The developer said that the extensions were only tested and worked in Flash MX.

Where can I download the Flash MX software? It seems that all download links are Flash MX 2004.

Thanks and best regards
    -------------------
    Alex
    Nice to meet all of you.

Maybe it will work if you export the swf's as MX ( that is doable in MX2004 in the Publish Settings ).

-Pelle Piano
    // Image Gallery
    www.studiobild.com
    // Photo Blog
    http://talesofthepixel.blogspot.com

Hi,

The problem is that the components did not work when drag to the stage. The components should have flash effects on the stage of Flash MX.
    -------------------
    Alex
    Nice to meet all of you.

Sorry, dont know where you can get MX nowadays.

-Pelle Piano
    // Image Gallery
    www.studiobild.com
    // Photo Blog
    http://talesofthepixel.blogspot.com

Bogan
    dude, you can download Flash MX Pro '30 day trial' off their website, im asuming you want to do things completely legally, but i know you wont, so you can just find a serial key of the net, (search in google).....stealing is bad, mmk

Bogan
    ohh sorry i misread your first post, i thought u wanted the program, forget it! ill just go over their now....

Maybe you just don't have the right window panels open. Be sure to have the "Properties" and "Components" panels opened (See image, note: A and B). Once you drag an instance of a component onto the stage, the properties panel should display a "Parameters" tab (See image, note: B). Make whatever changes you need to the component there, then test the movie (sometimes the buttons and slides for the component wont appear until you test the movie, like the scrollPane for example).

Hello all,

Thanks for your great assistance. I purchased two components (3DFlyOut and Scooter) from http://MeThinks.com. I found that the components could not run on Flash MX 2004.

Quixx, all components are shown in the component panel (A). After the components were drag on the stage, a "component control panel" of the components was shown in the parameter tag (B). However, the component did not work. Moreover, any setting of parameter on the "component control panel" had no any effect of the component.

The developer (Chuck) told me that the components did not test on Flash MX 2004. He also refunded all money to me without any hesitation. However he told me that I could try Flash MX. Therefore I try to download the Flash MX to test the components.

P.S. Chuck is a very nice and sincere guy!

Thanks and best regards

Alex
    -------------------
    Alex
    Nice to meet all of you.

Ah.... I see. I over looked where you said, "I bought two extensions" in your first post. It never crossed my mind, that you might have bought MX only components. Sorry about that...