A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: loaded movie won't go to frame 2

loaded movie won't go to frame 2

i'm using loadmovie() to load a swf.

the swf has a preloader in it and a image on frame 2.

when i open the .swf on it's own it works. the preloader loads then the images displays.

but when i load this movie into another swf it only gets as far a playing the preloader's animation then stops.

please help..thanks.

Senile member! :)
    Mostr likely it's a path-problem. Do you use "_root" in your preloader? In that case change oit to a relative path pointing to the movie's main timeline.

/Mirandir

PLEASE HELP! The problem that I am having is with these floating text scroll bars which were created on a Mac using Flash MX.

I.E. Please go to www.ericmantel.com - click on "ENTER" click on "ABOUT ERIC" then click on "Endorsements" and you'll see exactly what I am talking about!

They need to be expanded to fit for more text if needed. The text area is too small. They can only fit a certain amount of text in the text area before it gets chopped off. I figured out on how to expand the text inside the scroll area but the text scroll bar itself doesn't stay within the scroll arrows of the scroll bar, it goes beyond. What I need to be able to do is, expand the text so the scroll bar stays within the arrows of the scroll bar. It needs to expand to the amount of text being typed inside.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!! I have been trying to get this problem fixed for over a year now and no one wants to help me!

Quote Originally Posted by Mirandir
    Mostr likely it's a path-problem. Do you use "_root" in your preloader? In that case change oit to a relative path pointing to the movie's main timeline.

/Mirandir
    thanks man that was it.
    i had to use _parent

Quote Originally Posted by ericmantel
    PLEASE HELP! The problem that I am having is with these floating text scroll bars which were created on a Mac using Flash MX.

I.E. Please go to www.ericmantel.com - click on "ENTER" click on "ABOUT ERIC" then click on "Endorsements" and you'll see exactly what I am talking about!

They need to be expanded to fit for more text if needed. The text area is too small. They can only fit a certain amount of text in the text area before it gets chopped off. I figured out on how to expand the text inside the scroll area but the text scroll bar itself doesn't stay within the scroll arrows of the scroll bar, it goes beyond. What I need to be able to do is, expand the text so the scroll bar stays within the arrows of the scroll bar. It needs to expand to the amount of text being typed inside.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!! I have been trying to get this problem fixed for over a year now and no one wants to help me!
    No one WILL want to help you if you don't think that other people might have better things to do than help a loudmouth...
    Visit my web site!

http://www.freewebs.com/computeraddy...shed/index.htm

Come on, you can do it! Just 5 inches more. 5 inches more and you'll have that remote!