A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [news] kodak drops b&w photographic paper

Threaded View

[news] kodak drops b&w photographic paper

interesting news today...

Kodak today quietly announced that as of 2006, it will no longer be producing black and white photographic paper. The surprise announcement was made to PDN via a phone conference on Monday.

"Kodak will discontinue the production and sale of black and white photographic papers as part of its worldwide digital growth strategy," said a company statement. "As the imaging industry transitions from film to digital technologies, demand for B and W paper is declining by 25 percent per year and no longer represents an attractive market for Kodak."
    linky

kind of weird, but it makes sense. i still have some old sheets in a box somewhere, but you better believe i have NO plans to actually use them (and the fact that they are 15 years old). still, this is a clear sign that the digital revolution is indeed being televised...

so, what are the youngsters going to do in high school? i took photography for 3 straight years, and used reams of this stuff. what do schools do now...is it all digital or something?
    Last edited by nordberg; 06-16-2005 at 12:45 PM.

Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book