A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Is it possible that some people just cant design?

your obviously not paying attention to anything anyone is saying and just using dictionary.com to find big words.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

to justicestrike

only where its a coherent point. yes.

otherwise. no. too many drugs in the olympics now.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

FK's Official A&A Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by silverx2
    your obviously not paying attention to anything anyone is saying.
    sorry what did you say

my loquacious brethren has guilelessly expressed his positure quite well.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Did you just call me gay?
    It must be obvious day at camp stupid

Registered pseudo intellectual
    New Cornell study suggests that mental processing is continuous, not like a computer
    Article

nah really it's to complex to explain [how the brain works], would need a totally new thread and a whole lot of background material
    Please tell. I have some neuroscientists here that would much like to hear about your findings, because I'm they sure would admit they know next to nothing of how the brain of a slug works, nevermind a humans.

FK's Official A&A Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by krona
    Please tell. I have some neuroscientists here
    discussion is closed. You want to discuss it with me, send me a message.
    Last edited by justice strike; 08-11-2005 at 07:00 PM.

Banned
    This has grown a bit!!!

To defend myself against some of the posts, the reason i dont think i can design, is because i just cant really pick out why. I do know what looks good and i do trial and error.

Sometimes ill site for hours creating a preloader that looks "good" in my eyes, i dont know where my thoughts for this come from, i just sit and change it bit by bit until i have something i think looks decent.

I have read books on colour etc (or color!) but i dont accept the way your meant to see things. The book i read was like "look at this colour it makes you depressed" but effectively, it had NO effect on me what so ever.

This is one of the main concerns i have with my design, i really love whitespace but thats all i love. I dont know what colours look good together and its like my mind just refuses to take it in because even if i use a colour wheel, it just dont "look good" to me.

You see, i am tired of being told i just aint putting the work in etc, but its really not my fault, as someone else also said, if you dont have an interest, or dont enjoy the subject then its very difficult to take anything from it.

I dont believe my future lies with design even know as i said my degree is design based.

Since i posted this, i have failed a specific module "Digital Drawing and Commnication". Now the problem with this is, like so many of you have accepted is some people cant do art and certainly cant design. I am one of these people, but no one in University lecturer wise shares this view. I have been told its all in my head.

It aint, because i have one more chance to pass this module, and no matter whos work i look at, or how much i practise, or how much i study anything to do with design, i simply cant envoke it into practise.

I have to draw a full size portrait yeah, but i cant draw and if im going to be marked on my portrait, how can i pass? Its not like maths or english or physics or chemistry, these can be taught. To view something and then replicate it view movements of the hand is just a skill i dont own.

Im glad several of you agree with me in this regard because from the response i recieved officially, it was me being "stupid".

Thanks very much for all the replies.

Kind regards,

Ronson.

Ronson,
    With design (and many other things in life) I beat myself up over the smallest things and it felt like it was something I just "wasn't cut out to do." Still now, I don't consider myself good in comparison to the professional designers I've worked with. But, after forcing myself through the paces, it all did start to come together a lot easier. Just having a little more confidence in that skill has gone a long ways for me, if for nothing else than to enjoy it more. I think, sometimes, a person gets in the way of themselves more than anyone else or anything they are or are not capable of. I'll bet you could surprise yourself if you gave it a sincere try. In any event, good luck!

Indivision, great points! I agree 2wice over. Scotsman, have you tried the arena/??? I haven't seen you there ( i don't think)...try some battles, do some cool stuff from your own imagination. I know it won't help your drawing, but just putting your skills to work out of your normal 'work/school', i think you'll be suprised with what you can come up with. Honestly. Just try some relaxed design. Try joining a battle that's already in progress. I know you're probably looking to go into web design, but just to learn the tools in an awesome and new way, you might suprise your self.