A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Button Duplication Help

Button Duplication Help

Hey

I've just built a site for my company and am really new to flash.

I am having difficulty making a simple menu for my website. If you have a look at my menu.fla you can see i have one button that works correctly but i am unsure as to how i can duplicate the button so that the same flash plays (ie the blinking) but the link and button text changes. Can anyone help?

Thank you in advance.

Pete
    Attached Files Attached Files

Banned
    i'll try. What will the other links be?

Thanks FortyRobbers!

The links will be:

about us: products: support: news: contacts

i already made the appropriate folders in the library. I could duplicate them but was unsure as to how you change the three objects - photo1, photo2 and panel button interact with each other. Is there a simple way to do this?

Thanks again

Banned
    okay. I think i have got it. one thing i am puzzled about is why the blue box doesn't show up when you preview it. I can do it but i am not sure how some of the movie clips work. Explain?

Panel Button is .... etc.
    Thanks
    When i finish I will contact you or pm you

Banned

Yeah!!!

i am throughly pleased to say that your menu has been COMPLETED! i'll post the file up. It was pretty simple. All I had to do was duplicate (Right-click>Duplicate) the first two movie clips you gave me. Since I couldn't edit the text in the menu selection, I had to edit the "photo" (?) movieclip (which is just text) into products and that stuff. Then I simply deleted the previous text (in the menu option, not in photo") and replaced them with new text wether it be Products or News etc. If this is not what you want, I will happily change it! One question: Is this going to be a real company? cuz if it is, can I have some credit? :P

Keep in touch,
    Fortyrobbers

Ps: I am only 11 years old

Banned
    sry forgot attachment

Hey thanks mate. 11 years old..my brother is that age maybe i should have got him to do it. Your 11 and smarter than me....bummer

I finished this off this afternoon thankyou for your efforts. Here is what i did. Yours looks a lot neater though. How did you get so smart at 11?

Banned
    i read and use common sense (not saying you don't of course :P) Cya. If you need more help, just PM me

Glad to help,
    Jeremy Wong aka fortyrobbers

PS. Is AboutUs really a real company cuz once it goes online (as I said before)O may I have some credit? :P