A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: custom pre-loader?

custom pre-loader?

I was wondering, as a novice, if one could have an animation tween (in my case 100 frames) be a substitute for a loader. Say if I had a circular container, and as it reached the end it would be filled with sand and completely full when it reaches frame 100. Is it possible to make that as my preloadbar? thanks.

Settings: 35 fps
    frames: 100

If you have the action script that would be great, and explanations with it would be greatly appreciated.

Banned
    I am here to help... if I can. Will the sand be flat or will it be like a sand timer?

hi fortyrobbers, thanks for the reply. Well i hope for this to be as simple as possible. Here's the dilema: Instead of the traditional "loading bar" I would like a 'custom animation' my loading bar instead. I have a tween of an object that becomes a tottally different object by the end of the animation and I would like that to become my loading bar. I put an instance name on it named: "loadbar" and it's all one movie clip in 100 frames in a 35 fps movie. Any suggestion how I could make my dream come true? thanks.

Banned
    I have a one question: what will the objects be?

Banned
    check the tutes. i am not really sure how you do it. HOWEVER! The simplest way will be to use one of the bar preloader tutes and exchange the bar and the stuff inside for sand or wutever u are using to load. Or if you are looking for an object to turn (shape tween I guess) into another object, you can do this. Just type all the onFrameload stuff (find in tutes) and then for each bit make the object into something different so when it loads it will show a line of pics. sry I am pretty useless...