A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: player 7 for ppc

player 7 for ppc

i have had 2 pocket pc phones and i have some friends that have them and treo 600 and 650 and want to know is where is the flash player 7 for these devices????? why is it taking so long and when are they gonna create one???? by time it comes out flash 8 player will be out

My guess is that instead of a "Flash 7 player for PPC", we will have FlashLite 2.0 which will be a scaled down version of Flash 7, supprting AS2 and some other features of Flash 7 that are useful for mobile. MM has already made mention of the features of FlashLite 2.0 and will be providing an overview in a session at Max 2005.

MM may decide to make FlashLite 2.0 the standard for all Flash enabled devices, instead of having all these different versions and types of Flash mobile players floating around. I hope they do this, as it would be more easy to develop content in this situation.

FlashLite 2.0 might be officially announced later this year, but it is too early to know how long before OEM or operators begin licensing it.