A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Q about using fonts

Q about using fonts

anyone know a way that i can stick a handmade font into an edit box? is there a way to use specific fonts rather than the usual arial, courier new, verdana ...?
    is it possible to load them in ?
    thanx
    leb

Basically, the fonts pulled into 3DFA come from the same place as other programs - as defined by Windows. If you created your font with a program that writes to TrueType format, there's no problem - just put it in your Windows fonts folder (see the Windows Control Panel). If you want to use bitmap fonts, they won't show up in the list of fonts because 3DFA won't see anything other than TrueType (however there is a bitmap fonts example in the Lopez Samples Collection - see the forum's "sticky items" at the top of the posts list for the link).
    Jeffrey Davis (3DFA user since 2.x... or was it 3.x?) (Yes, I finally reveal the offline identity of JSDvs9172, being myself of course. Oh, and sorry for stealing your signature idea, blanius, which I see you stopped using.)

i ment 4 a web page.

i meant for use on a web page.
    designer fonts can be used in 3dflash
    just fine, but not in edit boxes.
    (?- unless i'm screwing something up)
    i can see it, but on the web, you cant
    because of the html type. i was looking
    for a solution by which i could use a designed
    font in edit box type for a web page as my
    text is too large a file to do it any other way.
    - it just works better artistically with a
    designed font.

leb

i think i found out the fix, maybe someone can confirm, -at the bottom of the edit box properties panel it says export font outlines. i checked those and uploaded the page. checked it from my other computer that doesn't have the font i used and the font was there. i didn't know thats what that was for. duh.
    leb