A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Swift 3d newb...

Swift 3d newb...

I just purchased the full latest version of Swift 3d 4.5. Any books or links you recommend that will help me get up and running fast?

From using the demo, I've gathered that most professionals use swift simply for the 3 dimensional aspects (object creation, fly by's, etc...) And they use MOSTLY flash to create the rest and put everything together, correct? They simple insert the Swift objects where needed. Am I off the rocker or heading in the right direction?

Thanks!

Hey Rob

You are correct about using Swift and Flash together, but you can utilize other programs like After Effects as well. Within Flash you can use Swift animations as movie clips and add interactivity for your projects to name a few things. However there are many who have created animations purely in Swift, the only thing that lacks is that there are no audio controls within Swift, mind you Swift3d and Flash work differently.

In regards to learning swift the first obvious thing is to go through the manual, also there are many tutorials at Erain's Site as well as Swiftdev. This is a great forum strictly for Swift with a great community.

You can also purchase the imedia training CD created by some Swift3d gurus, if you will.

Other than that the best way to learn is to jump right in, join the Swiftdev community and post your work in the WIP section for C&C.

Looking forward to seeing your work.

By the way, check out the galleries for some inspiration
    Swiftdev Gallery
    Erain's User Showcase
    Last edited by Seventh_Tyger; 07-06-2005 at 08:27 AM.

Thanks!

Great reply. I love this forum. I post in newsgroups and always get no reply. I ask here and I get great responses! Thanks.

More questions, comments and posts to come!

no prob bro, glad to be of service.

I also forgot to mention that there is a book called Swoft3d Foundation, but it was geared toward V3 , nevertheless it's a pretty good book to learn the basics.

I'm not sure if you can get it at Erain still but here's a few links i found.

http://www.bookpool.com/sm/1590592107
    Swift 3d foundation

thanks

hey thanks, im a Swift 3D newb also.
    This is our world now, the world of the electron and the switch. We exist without nationality, skin color, or religious bias.

Tyger is da mang!