A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Swiff Tools...are they worth it?

Get Squared Away.

Question

I downloaded the demo and messed around with it for a bit. The really cool effects, like the explosion and squeeze, add like 60k to your overall file size. They are neat tricks, but is it worth sacrificing download time? Is there anyway around this?
    Thanks in advance.

Josiah

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Wink

There should be a review of the product comming up in just a few days here on the site. File size can get large but if you ever did this by hand the file size in not small then either. One of the problems may or may not be using different font outlines. If you try and live within one or two fonts (like good design dictates) you should be ok. I think my average file size on the test was 8k. Take a look at the review section over the next few days. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.

FK founder & general loiterer Flashkit's Avatar

If you go to the tutorials and then the reviews link the Swish review is in there, written by none other then the Pope de Flash... did the pope bless this product?

Mark