A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: All of the sudden it stopped working!??! (FR for .Net)

All of the sudden it stopped working!??! (FR for .Net)

I had my flash remoting apps working perfectly fine on my web host (granted, this was after I managed to get them to actually activate it on my domain)

I went to do an update to my site, and I re-named gateway.aspx to gateway.aspx.BAK for the time being, because I did not want anyone using the apps while I was doing the update.

The update had nthing to do with the flash, or anything that it touches.

I uploaded the new dll (which does have classes that the FR uses), and re-named the gateway.aspx back to normal.

All of the sudden, my apps are not even touching the aspx pages.

It is a simple thing:
    Flash loads, calls .Net function, gets a number, sends it back to flash, and flash shows it.

The number does not load.

I know that if the page it is attempting to hit errors out, it will not return anything, so I added a function to call on Page_Load that send me an email IF the page is even touched.

No email is sent upon loading the flash. The email IS sent if I hit the aspx page directly in the browser.

The only other things I can imagine causing this are that gateway.aspx, flashgateway.dll or the web.config GatewayController module is missing.

All of those exist, and are in their proper locations. (and were working fine before the update).

The only other thing I can imagine, is that FR has been disabled somehow on my domain, however my host swears up and down that it is on there and seems to be working perfectly fine.

Is there anything else, or any way that I could possibly test to find out what is wrong?

It all works fine on my dev box.

This is driving me insane.

Thanks for any help.

I recommend you reload it through the FCS control panel if you haven't already.