A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: sound out of time - please help!

sound out of time - please help!

Hello. This is my first post.

I have made a simple flash movie with sound files included that tell the story. But when i put it on the net the sound files play at the normal speed but sometimes the images dont, i think this is probably because they dont download quickly enough.

Therefore I was wondering, as I have no idea how to do this, If someone could tell me how to create a loader thingy so that it loads the movie totally before playing it.

So i want a progress bar that shows its being loaded then i want a button to say "play" so that people can press the button to play the movie.

Is that hard to make? Also, will that solve the problem, so that the sound matches the visuals?

Thankyou.

if someone could just point me in the direction of a tutorial to make a preloader with a play button that would be very kind...

Being
    For the loading part, just put the following script in your main timeline of your first frame:

Code:
    stop ();
    Then make something that says 'play' and convert it to a button, and put the following code in it:

Code:
    on (press) {
        gotoandplay(2);
    }
    As for the preloader, check out 'flash preloader tutorials' somewhere.

Hope that helps.