A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Publishing to QuickTime

Publishing to QuickTime

I purchased Quick Time Pro in order to convert to flv format for optimum streaming.

I have 2 movies on the stage (need to have each movie synched), when I attempt to publish in QuickTime Mode I recieve an error:

The installed version of QuickTime does not have a handler for this type of Macromedia Flash movie. Please consult the documentation for further information.

Is there any other way to get a movie on the stage into FLV format so I can use NetStream Objects to control it??
    Beyond Flash
    Your one stop web shop
    http://www.beyondflash.net

I'm having a similar problem. I'm trying to export a very simple movie. I've done it a million times in the past no issues. For some reason, two flash's I've made give me that same error everytime I try to export them.

"The installed version of QuickTime does not have a handler for this type of Macromedia Flash movie. Please consult the documentation for further information."

Does anyone know why this is happening? How can I fix this so that I can export to *.mov?

Nevermind that. I figured it out. I had to set my publish settings to Flash 5...I always forget to do that. Stupid.