dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: ASDT / Eclipse issues

ASDT / Eclipse issues

I'm trying to get ASDT 0.7.1 to run in Eclipse 3.0.2, but no luck.

I've got the org.asdt____ folder in my Eclipse plug-ins folder, restart Eclipse, but when I go into preferences, there's no Actionscript options. (Trying to set up MTASC as well to go play with Flash 8.)

I'm quickly discovering why open-source is dooming itself, lack of documentation and support for those who aren't at the top of the "733t" latter. People who work for a living can't spend weeks trying to figure out a platform with nothing but blog entries.

Anyone?
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

Registered pseudo intellectual
    Did you get this resolved?

I don't use ASDT (Eclipse is a bit of a bloat for just doing AS, and I don't do any Java work, I'm a .net monkey myself) but I do 99% of my AS coding with MTASC now, with SE|PY and SWFMill. How are you finding it?

If you did get it working, what's it like? Does the code completion actually work reasonably well? The one with SE|PY is just a hack, hardly works.

I had installed a trial of the Oxygen plug-in for eclipse, which prompts you to purchase the full version. That was causing Eclipse not to recognized newly installed plug-ins from the plug-ins folder.

I haven't had time to get into it since then.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

Ramon Miguel M. Tayag