A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How to Monitor Internet Usage?

How to Monitor Internet Usage?

Hi guys, it seems like this is a pretty active forum so I thought you might be able to help...

I'm running 4 or so computers from a simple linksys router. Is there any way that I could monitor the internet usage that is being used on each port? If no, then what do I need to purchase in order to do that? Thanks a lot.

How old is your Linksys router? Most routers will let you set your settings so you can view your internet activity at any time. On my router, I have certain keyword sites blocked, so my kids don't even get to see them, but it also logs everything that comes through the router.

Works out real well when you teenager says he isn't going somewhere, and you can clearly see that he is. I have 5 computers here on my home network, it works pretty well. You can also block certain ports as well. Check your settings in your router, you might already have what you need.

Hope that helps and good luck.

RESIZE YOUR FOOTER... MAX SIZE 300x40 PIXELS
    Last edited by Markp.com; 07-24-2005 at 11:12 AM.

Hi and thanks for the reply. My router is new. It's model # WRT54G. In the admin options, all I can see is a log file but it doesn't show me the bandwidth usage-per-port like I want. Do you or anyone else know of how I can obtain this? If I need another router or network setup, I'd do that ... I just have no clue how to accomplish what I want. Thanks.

Hi, I recommend you can try Track4Win, which a which is a great internet usage monitoring software. It can monitor all computer activity and Internet usage on your network. It can automatically track visited website addresses, and log work time on each application. You can go to download and have a free trial. The paid edition isavailable at an affordable price, so you don't need to pay too much. I find it very powerfull!

Micro Keylogger is able to record all Internet usage: http://www.microkeylogger.com