A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: iPhone Port

iPhone Port

Hey, I'm developing a game (early stages, i.e. no code yet), I'm most comfortable in AS2, but I'm competent enough in AS3.

Anyway, I'd like to put the game on the apps store for the iPhone when I'm done. It's gonna be a point and click adventure. I know that iPhone doesn't support flash, but it's what I'd be most comfortable making this game in. Does anyone have any advice about porting from flash? It's not going to be particularly complex, just a few variables and drag and drop, that kind of thing.

If porting isn't very simple I'll probably have to use something other than flash, but if porting is relatively painless I'd definitely go down the flash route.

Does anyone have any experience or advice on this?

Thanks.

I doubt you will be able to easily port flash to iphone objective c.

you might look at phonegap.com and make the application using web browser technologies.

Hello all Battle for Wesnoth fans! I am happy to announce that after discussing with Dave, I have started an iPhone and iPod Touch port! Due to the complexities of porting a large PC game to a mobile device, my time estimate is two months until completion.

As for my qualifications, I have been developing mobile games for more than 10 years. You might remember me from classic Palm games like "Kyle's Quest" and "Galactic Realms". More recently, I was the lead developer for the hit iPhone game "Reign of Swords" which is a turn-based strategy RPG much like BfW.

For starters, I would like to see a show of hands who has an iPhone or iPod Touch and dreams of playing BfW on the go. Then we can discuss what form the mobile version will take. Also, you might have noticed that BfW is a relatively large game... What do you think the maximum size should be for the iPhone version? 50mb? 100mb?