A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: PHP/MySQL Video

PHP/MySQL Video

Sorry I also posted this in the backend section before realizing there was a video section.

Does anyone have any tips on getting the flash media playback component to play an flv that has its url stored in a mysql database field. I've tried but haven't had much luck.

Basically what I have is this.

My testing database has 3 fields, the uniqueID, the record name, and the URL to the flv.

I made a page of recordsets from my testing database in dreamweaver. Clicking on a recordset goes to its detail page. The detail page has a .swf of the media playback component. In the component inspector I just figured that I could put in the for the URL the php code for the URL to the flv. So in the component inspector for the media playback component, the URL box has: but this is not working.

What am I doing wrong?

How to play a url from mysql in dreamweaver 8 flash video player

I am having the same issue that I cant get the url from the database to play in the flv player. I am using Dreamweaver 8 to embed the flash player but it doesn't let me put the recordset query in the file field and when I do it manually then it doesnt play. If any of you flash gurus can help us then that will be awesome.

thanks

Send My some info

I might be able to help you as I have found a solution. Are you using dreamweaver or writing the php yourself? Send me an e-mail or message with your specifics and I'll see if I can help you.