A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: flash and frames, possible combination?

flash and frames, possible combination?

hello there, (im not new, something happened to my old account but anyway...)

i just was trying to find an action script which can define actions of frames that are within the same page, or actually i need to ask is this is possible first. If i have a frame, lets say in the middle of the page, and a button in flash that is outside that frame, the frame is actually the window to another html file showing on a main page (the index) where the button is, what i need to do is to switch that page inside the frame and load a new one just by pressing the flash button. This button would be part of the menu and the pages inside the frame are the sections of the site, the main page or index would be then always the same.

Sorry if my explanation was very poor, i tried my best, i also tried search but maybe im not using the correct terms or keywords, i would thank so much if anybody can help me out with this.

Thanks in advance.

on (release) {
    getURL("pahe.htm","framename");
    }
    i eat actionscripts for breakfast

really thanks man! you really saved my life, i can not believe it was this simple!

Thanks so much.