A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Flash Battle :: Transitions

you gonna hit us with something?

Alright. Im back! Sorry about that. Looks like we have had a lot of progess in this thread since I left. Some comments I have though... First. I think we should have a template set up for us to use so that everything is standard and we dont have a hard time stringing all of the different volleys together at the end. Second, if people keep wanting to jump in we can make this an open battle or a 4-way. Third, we need to think of a cool title for this battle.

Everything looks cool though guys. I will go last in this round of volleys if thats ok with everyone. My life is still hectic right now.

4th - We need a volley from cougrhky20 !!!

As for the template, I think >flashl!ght< already has an idea, if I am not mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by >flashl!ght<
    To mark the end of your transition, put:
    nextTransition();
    I feel it's been way too slow going though... I mean it's a 10 second transition! I think we should be able to whip those out pretty quick... I mean like 1 day max! This thread need some momentum!!!

As far as 4 people that's cool with me, the more the merrier. As long as they can deliver a quick turnaround.

Quick turnaround may be a tough thing for me for a couple more days. Ive been way too busy with traveling and working. Ill wait for cougrhky20 to go before me. Good idea with the nextTransition() function. Does someone want to make up a file to link the first two volleys together to make sure it all works? I would do it myself if I wasnt so busy. sorry
    Last edited by Dricciotti; 08-13-2005 at 04:04 PM.

No worries Dricotti, we knew ahead of time you would be outa commission for a while.

>flashl!ght<, are we good on the template? lemme know if you need anything from me.

Yeah, I would have liked to see more momentum myself, but it's a start. I think the whole idea is just a little too unsure to everyone, but we're doing okay.

Yes, the system should work fine. Just follow the directions: add nextTransition() at the end(admedia had it right on, the end of his transition was not at the end of main timeline, but a child timeline, so that's where he put it.). I've got it all figured out, I'll link them all together. And it should be very easy, assuming we all remember to use the correct stage size and framerate.

Let's post the HEX value we transition to, as I'll need it when linking them(since the background can't change color in a Flash movie at runtim, I'll have to fake it with a colored square). Right now we have:
    volley 1 : flashl!ght #000000
    volley 2 : admedia #583A70

cougrhky20 - please at least let us know if you are going to follow through. if not, Dricciotti you may go. Dricciotti, if you're ready, and cougrhky hasn't responded, you may go, and then I will go again, and the chance or others to join is over, and we crank this baby out. Untill then anyone can jump in, but be ready to make something!
    Thanks for being on top of this admedia
    Last edited by >flashl!ght<; 08-13-2005 at 09:18 PM.
    >flashl!ght<
    All the normal names were taken.
    Ron Paul was right.

my bad for not following through. I got caught up at work and had a ton of stuff to do for the gov't. If you still want me to go I'll have a sexy transition for you by monday afternoon.

Go for it.
    >flashl!ght<
    Ron Paul was right.

I was thinking.... how about instead of transitioning to a background color, have it set up the following way:
    In your main file, load the transition file. Then, load a background file which, in the beginning, is just a file with a plain color as the background. The transition file would take this background file and mask and transition between it and the next background file; essentially doing the same thing we are doing now. The nice part would be however, that when we are done all we would have to do is change the contents of the background files and we could have images instead of colors to tween between. Also, there would be no confusion if someone used the wrong color in a transition or if we wanted to change the order of the transition files.

just an idea

Fun idea. I messed with some old stuff to come up with this.

That's cool jAQUAN. I like that.

Too bad you didn't start it on #583A70
    purple though... we coulda worked it in...

What are your starting and stopping colors? Maybe it can be worked in here somewhere else?

I like it a lot. One thing I would comment on is that you did an awsome job on the first part of the transition (red blocks) but the purple shape tween at the end seemed kind of out of place and a little simple to be put with the previous part.

Is cougrhky20 still next in line?
    Last edited by Dricciotti; 08-15-2005 at 05:02 PM.

Yo Dri where are the postings for his thread?

Quote Originally Posted by nepzap2
    Yo Dri where are the postings for his thread?
    They are linked in each persons post.
    Here's a recap so far:
    1- >Flashl!ght<
    2- admedia
    3- special guest appearance by: jAQUAN

*sigh* things have become extremely stressful on my end, but this isn't dead. We'll keep going.

jAQUAN
    Please read the rules and such, you need to start out with the right color. Will you fix your volley?

cougrhky20
    Are you going to post something or not? If you don't follow through soon, I'm going.

Dric
    Sorry mate, I didn't follow you example. But I'm open to ideas for future attempts at this.
    >flashl!ght<
    Ron Paul was right.

I'm still game >flashl!ght<, if nobody coughs up anything in the next day or so, let's just battle between ourselves... I'll even just go 2 on 2, 6 volleys apiece...

let's see what happens...

That'll be the plan. If he doesn't show again, I'm ready to fire back at ya soon.
    >flashl!ght<
    Ron Paul was right.

I am still in. I was waiting for cougrhky20. Ill just step in though.

Oh man, my bad, I *knew* I was overlooking someone. See, I'm under alot of stress? That's correct, you're next Dricciotti. And as far as I'm concerned, go as soon as you're ready, then I'll pick up.

Take careful note of the document requirements, starting color(#583A70), and use of nextTransition(). Thanks
    >flashl!ght<
    Ron Paul was right.

ok, cool. game on guys.