A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Flash Battle :: Transitions

Ok Dricotti, back to orange-ish #CC6600.

Take us home!

mines updated with the right color

admedia -
    sweet. go ahead and send it my way.

Dricciotti -
    It's all yours man, finish this however you want No pressure If you want to make it end in white, that's cool, if not, that's cool, if you have some other cool idea as to how it could be ended appropriately, very cool.... it's all up to you.

jAQUAN -
    Thanks, but the important part is to change the size to 800x600(use 'edit multiple frames' on the layer panel to scale the whole animation), and to take out the 'reply' button, and to add 'nextTransition()' on the last frame. Can you do these things?
    Last edited by >flashl!ght<; 08-24-2005 at 10:32 AM.
    >flashl!ght<
    All the normal names were taken.
    Ron Paul was right.

Quote Originally Posted by >flashl!ght<
    admedia -
    sweet. go ahead and send it my way.
    You have PM. Let me know if you need anything else from me.
    It's been fun everyone. Looking forward to seeing the full version.

All set admedia, thanks

Oh man! Audio! My speakers had been off, I just now heard the audio on adam's pink volley! Now some of the seemingly slow timing makes sense
    I had put some thought into the audio element of animation(animation is audio visualized IMH*O *="& oversimplified"), but never said anything. I was considering putting an audio track to the entire transition sequence when completed, depending on how it looked. I obviously can't do that now(and I will not take out adam's audio to do this... its my fault for not saying anything). Size is another consideratioin, as audio builds up file size real fast.
    But this brings up an idea I had... I'll share some of my thoughts in the 'completion thread' of this battle, but one that I think we have to do sometime: pick an audio track, and we each get a segment that we animate to. Simple enough, but I think it would rock. And from there, a ton of variations could be thought of.

At any rate, we now have a battle with one volley with audio... it seems a bit out of place(and sure makes my volley look drab, thank-you adam ) but since I neglected to address audio in the rules, it's completely fair game and it stays.

Dricciotti(and others, but Dricciotti is the only one with a volley left) -
    If you would, add a completely blank frame on the first frame of your volley. I just realized a problem that can occur if this isn't done, and had to fix one volley because of this. Simply put, since all vollies are loaded in the beginning, they all need to be paused on their first frame. But if on their first frame there is a nested clip, it will still play the nested clip, so when it gets to the volley and shows it, the nested clips are out of time. This happened with one volley(now fixed). And take your time with this last volley
    Last edited by >flashl!ght<; 08-24-2005 at 11:29 AM.
    >flashl!ght<
    Ron Paul was right.

Yea, I thought about using one of my favorite (audio) transitions to go along with a visual transition... just didn't take the time to work it out though... it might be interesting for another battle to make audio required or something... try and transition the audio as well as visual to the extent that is possible... it might be a stretch to make it work well, but I think the Arena is about experimentation even if it doesn't always produce the finest result.

You can disable the sound file in the one volley without having to edit the swf that it is in ; but the file size will still be big. I feel that audio, while nice, would seem wierd if it just showed up 3/4 of the way through the transitions and then never showed up again. I'll probably get started on this last volley tonight and hopefully have something done my tommorow.

Quote Originally Posted by admedia
    Yea, I thought about using one of my favorite (audio) transitions to go along with a visual transition... just didn't take the time to work it out though... it might be interesting for another battle to make audio required or something... try and transition the audio as well as visual to the extent that is possible... it might be a stretch to make it work well, but I think the Arena is about experimentation even if it doesn't always produce the finest result.
    How would you guys feel about doing a musical flash piece... lets say for example a minute of music and everyone gets 48 hours to put something together?
    Regards,

Steve Richardson
    Adequately Average - It's Averagely Adequate!

admedia -
    Are you using 'nextTransition()' exactly like that at the end of your vollies? Exact case, ect. ? 'NextTransition()' '_root.nextTransition()' ect. are not exact. For some reason none of your vollies register a nextTransition() call when played in a browser(although it works fine in stand alone player and IDE).
    >flashl!ght<
    Ron Paul was right.

Ok, something I flubbed... I published all version 7... sorry, do you think that is it?

they are definitely nextTransition(); exactly.
    Last edited by admedia; 08-24-2005 at 06:43 PM.

That could be it. If you published as v7 any level of weirdness could happen. For instance, working in the IDE and standalone, but not in the plugin(IE or FireFox).

So please go ahead and re-publish to v6 and send me the links to the SWFs, thanks!
    >flashl!ght<
    Ron Paul was right.

Ok, I published down to version 6.
    Here are the links again:

oops that last one was supposed to be a blind volley, bah I'll remove it before Dricotti gets back
    Last edited by admedia; 08-24-2005 at 07:29 PM.

Heya
    1st link didn't work
    2nd link worked, and fixed the problem
    3rd link worked, but still didn't get a nextTransition() call out of it. Sure you published to v6 in that one?
    >flashl!ght<
    Ron Paul was right.

ooops... damn I'm not making the finish easy for you am I?
    Ok, for some reason I still published link 3 in 7, NOW it's 6.
    Link 1 works now.

Thanks... I'll keep on it if anything else arises.

Perfect, it all works now thanks.

Now we just need to get that jAQUAN to fix his volley! Where you at man? dimensions(800x600), remove 'replay', add 'nextTransition()' to end, make sure its v6
    >flashl!ght<
    Ron Paul was right.

will do, sorry for that.

Thanks
    >flashl!ght<
    Ron Paul was right.

Great! It's working. Thanks.
    >flashl!ght<
    Ron Paul was right.

hello people.

I dont mind if you wanna remove my audio at all, so feel free. I agree it would be weird to have music on just one of the transitions - I was just trying to be a bit different

maybe it would be better to do a musically integrated battle in the near future(the idea to pick a track and then each animate a section of it sounds ace!)

also, Admedia's idea to try and mix audio to audio during the transition sounds like an interesting challenge.

Do any of you record your own music?