A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Animated gif question.

Animated gif question.

I have recently purchased 3D Flash. I have created a movie with several text elements. When I convert the movie the animated gif and view gif thru MSIE
    my "delay" elements are not being recognized.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I need to do?

Thanks in Advance,

jacNewbie
    Last edited by jacNewbie; 07-30-2005 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Poor Grammer.....

welcome

Well first of all let me welcome you to 3DFA ,and now without any farther delay let me solve your problem in a jiffy

first thing i would like to mantion is that the problem you're having here is strickly to 3DFA alone , its nothing to do with gif files in global , so thats that.

anyway , now i want to explain to you why did it occure ,3DFA is trying to be an efficiant programe , unfortunatly that sometimes its problem.
    when you export as a flash (SWF) the delay is just a code or blank frames since they have no wight in flash.
    BUT in gif files every frame has its share of wight , so what 3DFA does is getting rid of any blank frames in order to save up file size.

in the big picture what you get is a big mess of frames : AS LONG AS NOTHING IS MOVING ON THE SCREEN IT WILL NOT INCLOOD THAT FRAME WITHIN THE GIF'S TIMELINE.

you can understand of it that you simply need to make something that moves
    on the screen while there's a daley.

creat a tini pixel size element , and make it go from left to right over and over again as long as you wish for the delay to be.
    that way the frames will no longer be recognised as blank frames and the file will inclood them.

Regards CyberReaper.Animator
    ok....what ?

Many Thanks

Cyber Reaper,

Thanks for the Welcome, as well as your reply. I hadn't thought of that, nor would have I. So thanks again!

Appreciatively

jacNewbie

Dazed and Confused

Hello again everyone,

I did as Cyber Reaper suggested and there appears to be no noticable difference. When the exported animated gif plays I cannot get the delay to be recognized.

Here is what I have done:

Create 468 x 60 movie. Here are the events of that movie

1.) Show background image
    2.) Show text block one
    3.) Show image two ( 1 pixel image with slide in transition 20 seconds long)
    4.) Hide text block one
    5.) Show text block two
    6.) Show image two ( 1 pixel image imported with slide in transition 20s duration)
    7.) Hide text block two

I then export the movie as an animated gif. When displayed in Firefox and MSIE, neither respects the duration of Show image element...

Can anyone explain what I may be doing wrong? It seems it should work.

Thanks in Advance

jacNewbie

ehm ^^" maybe i should have mantioned the motion tween shouldnt be an animation.. it should be direcly on your action line ^^"

the main one , not as an animationjust make a pixel to move around while nothing is moving ... (using the main action line) instead of having a delay action have a move to action ^^" it will work mate
    ok....what ?

Sorry, I'm starting to feel really thick about this. I still am not able to get it to work. Can anyoe post an example or more detail on how to accomplish this.

I apologize for being such a pain but your help is really appreciated !

Frustrated jacNewbie.

there you go , check out the attached file , its not getting any simpler than that
    ok....what ?

Last edited by blanius; 08-03-2005 at 08:32 AM.
    ok....what ?

Cyber Reaper,

Thanks so much for you patient help. It is greatly appreciated. Sometimes on these forums you can really get blasted. I was mistakenly using the "move elements" rather than "move to" event. Also had to spend some time in the paint element to figure it out.

Thanks Again,

jacNewbie