A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Almost all the images are not working...

Almost all the images are not working...

I can see non of the smileys, new post/old post images, if ppl are online or other various images used by the board. Pretty much all i can see are avatars and the background images. Am i the only one with this prob?

Quote Originally Posted by Blips
    I can see non of the smileys, new post/old post images, if ppl are online or other various images used by the board. Pretty much all i can see are avatars and the background images. Am i the only one with this prob?
    Im having this problem right now.
    I tried changing the forum "skin". I tried logging out and back in. Nothing works.

Look at the URL you're at when you see these problems. We're having problems with folks coming to the forum at board.flashkit.com/etc. but if you come via www.flashkit.com/board/ the image problem goes away. We're working on that problem now.

Quote Originally Posted by sclark
    Look at the URL you're at when you see these problems. We're having problems with folks coming to the forum at board.flashkit.com/etc. but if you come via www.flashkit.com/board/ the image problem goes away. We're working on that problem now.
    Ah, thank you very much
    It does look much better now when the images load too.

You wouldnt happen to know why I dont get mails anymore when topic gets reply? That would fix 2 annoying bugs same day (not that I am not thankful for the images tip).

No problem, you're quite welcome!

I still get the emails when someone replies to a topic I've posted in, but they often come in late. I just got one from your reply a few minutes ago though, which isn't too far off from the time you posted it. I wonder if anyone else is having issues like yourself where they don't get the emails? I also wonder if it could be due to some spam filtering by your ISP, or perhaps even your email client? Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by sclark
    I still get the emails when someone replies to a topic I've posted in, but they often come in late. I just got one from your reply a few minutes ago though, which isn't too far off from the time you posted it. I wonder if anyone else is having issues like yourself where they don't get the emails? I also wonder if it could be due to some spam filtering by your ISP, or perhaps even your email client? Just a thought.
    Yes, I used to get email notifications too, but they have stopped couple of days ago. I havent found anything in my email client so I am currently looking around if ISP has changed something.

Well to chime in here...

I do rarely get notification emails anymore.. randomly at best..

and the image issue is a REAL pain too..LOL

Are you guys using a chaching server?.. or controlling it somehow in code?

every time you reply or do anything.. instead of re-directing you to flashkit.com/board it goes to the a sub-domain of board.flashkit.com/board

Addicted To FruityLoops Studio FlashKid105's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whispers
    Well to chime in here...

I do rarely get notification emails anymore.. randomly at best..

I've not gotten any notification e-mails at all for a while. I have no idea why, really.

Somehow I started to receive notification e-mails again from yesterday. I dont know why or how, but lets hope they continue to come

Well there is a feature that puts off emails when the server is taxed, to a time when it's not so taxed. I can turn that off, if you guys wanna try it .

Nono, please dont change anything now, it all works for me currently

Yes! It does indeed say "http://board.flashkit.com/board/"

The problem would then be Flashkit's main front page link over on the right side (the link that says "Message Boards"). I always "enter" the forums through that link.

Fix it! ;-)

Got it!

Thanks.

Addicted To FruityLoops Studio FlashKid105's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JPnyc
    Well there is a feature that puts off emails when the server is taxed, to a time when it's not so taxed. I can turn that off, if you guys wanna try it .

I suppose you could try it for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Beez
    Yes! It does indeed say "http://board.flashkit.com/board/"

The problem would then be Flashkit's main front page link over on the right side (the link that says "Message Boards"). I always "enter" the forums through that link.

Fix it! ;-)
    This should be fixed now.