dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: changing URLs that i have posted

changing URLs that i have posted

i am going to be getting a new domain soon, so all the links i have posted over the years that point my old domain will be broken. no a big deal for the lounge or flash help forums, but it will mess up my posts in the arena and photography forums a bit.

is there anyway to do a global find and replace on your end (your end being the db admin side of things)? i can't search for the links i've posted, as the engine does not find them.

i'm assuming that i'm just going to have to change them manually, and that is fine. but if there is some way for you to globally change www.domainx.com to www.domainy.com on all posts, that would rock. this is certainly a 'the worst thing they can say is no' type request, so no worries.

peas, nords.

Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book

I'm not sure nords, I'll check it out but up front I dont see any quick options to do this.

that's what I thought...Find and Replace would be pretty ambitious. If you can think of anyway that I can just search for instances of www.gloriosis.com, that would work as well. My current plan is to just search for posts made my me, and open them up looking for images. That's just sounds scary time consuming. If I could just get a list of all posts that have my domain in them, I would be cooking with crisco.

Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book

For sure, I'll look into it further this weekend.