A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Loading Externam Movies

Loading Externam Movies

I have a movie that is huge. I have broken it inot several smaller movies so that the viewer does not have to wait for the whole movie and can load what he or she wishes to see.

I have created all the animaltion and bottons. What I can not figure out is how do I script the buttons to load an external movie into an area of the root movie marked x y coordinates?

Thanks for any help you can give.
    Use no way as way and no limitation as limitation.

"Bruce Lee"

In fact, you cannot load a movie in a specific coordinate. What you should do, instead, is make all your movies the same size of the main movie, leaving blank the not used parts. For instances, if you want that one movie have just one pic in the top right corner of the screen, make it the size of the main movie and put the pic on the corner, leaving all the rest blank.

To load the movies, just code in the buttons:
    Code:
    on (Release)
    {
       loadMovieNum ("themovie.swf", 1);
    }
    Obs.: 1 remains to the level of the movie. the main movie is _level0, and the above command will load it in _level1. If you load another movie on a higher level, say 2, you will have the main movie at _level0, the first loaded movie at _level1 and the new movie at the _level2, all together as layers, and seems to be only one thing to the user. If you load a new movie to a level that already is being used by a movie, it will unload the current movie and take its place.

That did it

Thanks for your help. That did the trick. I have one more question for you or soemone who may have this answer.

I have the movies loading in layers now by click of a button instance, how can i load one of the external movie files in layer 1 when layer 0 loads in the browser? As it is, it is blank until someone clicks a button but I want the first movie to load automaticly.

Thanks in advance.
    Use no way as way and no limitation as limitation.

"Bruce Lee"