A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash Internal Email/Messaging System

Flash Internal Email/Messaging System

Hello Freelance Flashers,

I'm a teacher looking to stay in contact with my students with the use of an internal messaging/email system.
    I want this to be small and portable.
    I want it to be a flash interface using PHP pages to talk to MySQL.

I need someone to manipulate my flash email interface (already created) and create the ActionScript to send and receive messages and have the content stored neatly on the server.

1) I have created an .fla as the email interface.
    2) I do not want this system to use conventional POP3 email. I want it to be an internal and be stored in MySQL databases.
    3) The Recipient and Sender will be based on username.
    4) Please see the attachment for the MySQL table and row structure.
    5) I want the system to basically work the same as a stripped down Hotmail (but not for thousands of users - just my students!)
    6) No conventional file upload for attachments needed.
    7) I need an error trapping frame in the .fla incase there is no one by that user name.
    7) Do I need any ADMIN tools that I haven't stated?

Graphics not needed.
    User management app not needed.
    I need the PHP files, .fla source(s) and MySQL table structure and the rights to use it.
    Further instructions are inside the .fla.

If you happen to work out on this project I have several more educational applications I need constructed to round out my teaching tools!

Message me or drop me a PM for more details. I need a VERY, VERY quick turn-around. My students are coming back soon for summer school!

Thanks,

~ZeroKuhl
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi !

We are flash team and we a willing to take you project, because we allready made such application as you want, but more advanced.

I also attached email.zip fail with screenshots of our advanced email. If you are intersed in us please contact: flasher.bob@gmail.com

Also you can read about us at:

http://board.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?t=693744

Thank you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

OOP is one letter from OOPS kortex's Avatar
    No conventional file upload for attachments needed.

I notices that you have a column dedicated to attachments in your excell sheets.

You will still minimally need another table to hold user names and id (login?)

You have the basic idea, it would just need some minor refinements in the table structure in order to work.

P.S. At the time of writting this, I have not yet looked at the flash file.
    Jeremy Wischusen
    Flash - Flex - LAMP - Web Developer Purple Inc
    AS OOP FAQ-Best Practices Thread | Flashkit OOP Tutorials | Purple Inc (day job) | Blog

Thanks for the reply Kortex.

As you can see, I'm not a good programmer. I welcome any changes that strengthens this application.

I have a user managment system. I can attach the PHP functions that do the user check and also provide the user table with names.

At the moment, we do not need a file attachment system. In the near future, I would like to allow my students to be able to send eachother inventory items - via drag and drop (inventory system not built yet, however I've created a diagram of its structure with basic database names).

~ZeroKuhl

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroKuhl
    Message me or drop me a PM for more details. I need a VERY, VERY quick turn-around.
    Hi ZeroKuhl,

I sent you a message about both of your projects and never heard back from you. Let me know if you are interested.

take care,

What is the budget for this project?

Thanks,
    Evan