A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: D70 Filename Question

D70 Filename Question

So im out shooting alittle today with my D70, and when i get back and download pictures i notice that part way through the underscore moves from being after DSC to before it. I like it alot better between the numbers and i don't recall changing a setting or anything like that. Has anyone else had this happen, and if so any ideas on how to get it back?
    "A piece of toast always lands butter side down, and a cat always lands of its feet. If one was to tie a piece of toast to the back of a cat butter side up, would it hover above the ground in perpetual indecision?"

So i found the reason at dpreview. Incase anyone else cares here is what it is:

(x)RGB-mode is set to Adobe Mode II. I used it for a couple of days and noticed the same. Putting it to Ia or IIIa will result in DSC_xxxx.NEF instead of _DSCxxxx.NEF.
    Not sure if i understand why they would do it, but it works.
    "A piece of toast always lands butter side down, and a cat always lands of its feet. If one was to tie a piece of toast to the back of a cat butter side up, would it hover above the ground in perpetual indecision?"

So are you going to set it to Ia or IIIa?
    What's the difference?

What is the best mode to use?

I just went back to the way it was, which i think was Ia. I didn't mean to change it. As to what is best ive never really figured all that out:P. I know sometimes when i am editing my raw pictures i will switch between them and different ones make differnet colors look better but i wouldn't have a clue as to which to use in each different senerio.

Quote Originally Posted by MiLo_Anderson
    sometimes when i am editing my raw pictures i will switch between them and different ones make differnet colors look better
    Interesting, I'll have to experiment with that.