A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: goto not going to correct frame

goto not going to correct frame

My movie was working perfectly until I added a preloader to the visionaries page. Now, when you click on the green buttons on the side menu, it goes to the wrong place. Only two buttons are active, the logo development button, and the website button. The logo button goes to the website page instead of the logo page, and the website page goes to a different page depending on where you hit the button. I'm assuming something is wrong with the levels, but I used _root and tried _level0 and I'm not sure where the bug is. Please help!

http://www.graphicvisionsinc.com/GVI - site

I'm trying to upload the fla file. It's kind of a hard problem to solve without the source code. But it's kind of a big file. but when the file is done loading it will be at:

http://www.graphicvisionsinc.com/GVI/visionaries.zip

Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated.

--Audrey

the site worked fine for me......

most of it does

i'm having issues with the buttons on the side, the green slide menu. When you click on the logo development button, it takes you to the websites and interactive page. If you are on the portfolio page, and click on the wesites and interactive page, it takes you to a blank page, if you click the button again, it takes you to the correct page.

ok... my bad. i'll take a look at your FLA

thanks

thanks, i really appreciate it. i'm not sure what's wrong at all. it worked before i added the preloader on the visionaries section. the only thing i can think of is there is some code that is messing everything up.

I got it to work, not sure why.

I tried calling up the frames using the labels, and it worked. _root.gotoAndPlay("Logos"); I have no idea why this worked, and calling the scene and frame number did not. But aslong as it's working....thanks so much for your help.

--Audrey