A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Actionscript Programmer Needed - Will Pay!

Hybrid View

Actionscript Programmer Needed - Will Pay!

Looking for some actionscripting help.

My company is involved with Developing Training material for the Web and CdRom's. We have been using flash for quite some time now, but one of our client are requiring some custom work to work with their system.

REQUIREMENTS: Can work from home, using email and ftp sites. Has medium to advanced actionscripting abilities.

PAYMENT: Will be determined by amount of work needed by programmer.

EXAMPLE OF JOB: (Basic Parts - details to come after introduction)
    Our users will log into a learning management system which is run on a INTRANET - which allows them to launch certain training programs (our flash files) as they need them. Once program is launch we need a text file to be created - This text file will contain comma seperated values that we will give. AFter taking our module a Flash test will be given, the actionscripting will then need to place values from the test into the text file that was created earlier.

EXAMPLE OF TEXT FILE:
    GN123,08/05/2005 11:46,81385,P,100,P,0,GREG01

course code, date, time, course#, Type of course, Score, Pass or Fail, Holder, User

Thats it!

Our client's program will read data out of this text file, and their program will handle the rest. So to review - we need a flash template that will generate a TXT file, Put determined values in text file, place scoring values into txt file. We would like to be able to open your flash file, and start developing our module around the actionscripting work.

Please contact me here, or at gbeals@felsandassociates.com
    Last edited by gregbeals; 08-10-2005 at 12:43 PM.

doItLikeThis
    Just a note for you, flash cannot write off data on .txt files directly, maybe it can be accomplished through php on a client-server based data communication, but is not possible directly on a local machine.
    -Aditya

Bearded (M|G)od MyFriendIsATaco's Avatar
    The only way that can be done is if your local computer has PHP running, but more than likely, it doesn't...

no reason PHP or ASP could not be installed on an Itranet. And the PHP code would be very simple to do, then your flash would just call the PHP and pass the data, pretty simple.

Bearded (M|G)od MyFriendIsATaco's Avatar
    Yes, if you installed PHP on the Intranet, I'd gladly do it for you...It wouldn't be a problem at all...Feel free to email me:

y o u d o n t e v e n k n o w @ g m a i l . c o m

If the system is running on an intranet, then its running locally, so can write out text files... Its when flash is running in a browser that it can't write out text files... you can just send the info via email, or as has been suggest above via PHP etc...

This may be a little late, but there is a simple solution...
    Shared Object files. They are native to flash and can read and write limited amounts of data to the hard drive i.e. cookies. I have written several application which use them, so if you still need someone, let me know.