A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: swf to avi problem

swf to avi problem

Hi,

I haven't posted on here in ages.

I'm turning some of my .swf cartoon animations into .avis and .mpgs, however anything that is a moveclip in the animation just appears as static in the avi or mpg.

Is there a way of solving this,

Cheers,
    Lampboy

Try convert the MovieClip's to Graphic symbols, and make sure the instances on the stage also have their type updated to Graphic from MovieClip.

That should solve your problem as long as your .swf is a straight forward animation.

only the main timeline gets animated...

that's a bummer.

Thanks, but that won't solve it. The movieclips are looping animations, so turning them into a graphic will stop the clip from playing.

only the main timeline is animated? is there no way round this?

Moved to the correct forum. No technical questions in the coffee lounge, thanks.

Do your .swf's play as they should when you do a "test movie" from the .fla?

Are there any interactive elements (like certain parts only play on a key press or mouse over)?

Quote Originally Posted by Lampboy
    Thanks, but that won't solve it. The movieclips are looping animations, so turning them into a graphic will stop the clip from playing.

You turn them into Graphic symbols place an instance of them on stage and set the instances properties to "loop" (rather than "play once" or whatever the other options are). Then you ensure that the amount of frames the instance is on the main timeline for is the exact amount of frames that it itself contains.

That should work. If you can't get it to work its most likely because I am not explaining it properly, it has been months since I last used Flash.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampboy

Hi! I think the best way of solving ur problems is using Flash To Video Encoder. Its easy to manage. You can download it here:http://www.geovid.com/Flash_To_Video_Encoder/