A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: hell hath frozen over.

hell hath frozen over.

Sinead O'Connor sings Reggae...

ok. I was somewhat accepting of the hasidic reggae artist... but Sinead O'Connor doing reggae just... holy damn...
    KINGSTON, Jamaica (AP) — Irish pop singer Sinead O'Connor says she has found solace in Jamaican music and the Rastafarian faith after recording her first reggae album on the Caribbean island.

"To me, I have not made a reggae record, I've made a Rasta record," O'Connor said Monday night at a Kingston launch party for "Thrown Down Your Arms," scheduled to be released in September.

The album includes covers of classic reggae protest songs such as Burning Spear's "Throw Down Your Arms," Peter Tosh's "Downpressor Man" and Bob Marley's "War."

...O'Connor, 38, says she discovered roots-reggae while living in London during the 1980s.
    wow. just, wow.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

oh my, and she is just as annoying as ever
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinead O'Connor
    To me, I have not made a reggae record, I've made a Rasta record ... I am one of those human beings who would not be alive today if it was not for the teachings of Rastafari
    Pass me the dutchie and STFU.
    Last edited by admedia; 08-12-2005 at 01:47 AM.

Another musical disaster in the works.

And ppl wonder why i only listen to jazz anymore.

Wasn't she the one that went ape-s*** on SNL, and had supposedly ruined her career?

Quote Originally Posted by Frets
    Another musical disaster in the works.

And ppl wonder why i only listen to jazz anymore.
    If I hadn't found a lot of the newer jazz fusion (Nujabes, Fat Jon, , Yesterday's New Quintet, and The Sound Providers) and retreated backwards into late 60's to mid-70's jamaican dub music and my sudden Galt MacDermot appreciation... I'd be right beside you on the Jazz only section - mainly a Charlie Parker, (early) Miles Davis, and Coltrane fan... and especially Monk *as long as I don't here him grunting over the piano.

ok. I seriously love underground hiphop too.

This has got to sound like a trainwreck.

and yep... she's the one that ripped up the Pope's picture on Saturday Night Live... for some reason.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

The problems with the record industry are many.
    You wouldn't believe the amount of money that record companies have
    to dump into special independent "pr" teams so that songs can be heard.
    Usually the record company picks up the costs then drops it back against
    an artists return if the song becomes a hit.

This scares them (record companies) They can only have hit makers ergo
    if they don't think the market is for an artist no matter how good you are your
    not going to land a deal. Artists coming to record companies with a really good
    sound and want to be famous get the Johnny Bravo /Greg Brady treatment.
    Okay change your looks and change your sound we can do that.
    Which is why so many new artists sound like clones. They were told to be.

Indy labels don't get airplay. Usually the cd's get dumped on indy cd stores at commission. Unless your looking hard you won't find anything to speak of.

The smooth jazz movement is just a new take on "Muzak" and even there it's the same
    thing...Do an instrumental cover of an existing song and make it milky Good artist with lots of talent have to make a living as well.

The techno field really only gets attention because rave's play it. The aftermarket
    Is internet radio which is dying a hard death. The only place you hear new music
    are in places like shoutcast digging for it long and hard. Even commercial winmedia is
    taking a beating so much so that they aren't making revenue and have created sharing
    software to share thier bandwidth as a means to cover expenses.

All that said it's no doubt that you don't hear anything new and worth listening to.
    Aboiut once a week I go to the barber shop(well it's really a guitar store)
    Used to be we would hang around and listen to each others new music.
    The music was great and there was a wide range of music that guitarist would
    show off as original tracks. They all know the same thing I do. 24 out the door.
    If your not 24 your not gonna get a record contract and if your not cute your not gonna slip onto vh1.

There are less and less musicians who want to create music especially as they age.
    Pay bills is the big thing land a secure job. Those who had a great deal of potential
    in fusion roots rock r&b with a style all there own would rather work 9-5 raise a familty
    and play weekends somewhere.

Very Very few bars are around were a band can play original music and those you
    can expect oh.....$40 a night even if you do bring your own crowd.
    The only bars that will let you get away with your own stuff are biker bars even then
    you taking a lot of risk with your life and your equipment. That's why I don't play those gig's anymore.

Just the same
    I think you'll enjoy this one.
    It's me all me I did it when I was still recording in analog and it's been thru the wash
    so many times even when I finally got it to my hard drive so the sound quality isn't there but the sound is....
    http://mikechrysler.com/sz2/meo.htm
    fyi it's streaming flash expect cut outs if your not on broadband.

I too try to get back into recording alot. NRBQ type happy music.
    I figure everyone's got issues in life why not just listen and smile for awhile.

That swf is a little buggy for me
    I'm uploading another one now...
    takes awhile for me to upload give me 5 minutes or so it'll be here
    http://mikechrysler.com/sz2/meo2.html

also give the song a good minute to kick in like I said the sound quailty was rough
    but gets better.

if willie can do it, so can sinead.
    ya'll are way to critical...i say good for her, and pass some my way...

Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book