dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: are you devoted to games like this guy??

are you devoted to games like this guy??

hehe...well if you're still breathing then you're not as devoted......yet game companies need more dedicated guys like this one:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapc...eut/index.html

what do you think?

paul.

These people need to get a life. Dont they have anything better to do?

yeah, no kidding......it's pretty sad actually. Seems like Starcraft took that country by storm.....like they are all possesed or something....

paul.

We are dedicated to creating games, not playing them like a lunatic.

....he's amazing!!! lesli_felix's Avatar
    Uhh thats twisted, reminds me of the guy in the US who killed himself when his ally in everquest betrayed him and stole all of his weapons and treasure. Then there was this other guy who played it non-stop for about 40 hours and started hallucinating, walking around his college campus and kept seeing creatures an s**t trying to ambush him.

Totally ****ed up. The worst I ever got was smashing up a joystick after ghosts n goblins crashed on the last level.

Sorry about the ***'s it's friday night and I'm p****d.

These people need to get a life.
    It's ironic, he lost his life without even having it.
    I'm not an addict to games, but I think sometimes I spend too much time in the pc (not like this guy of course), maybe I'll take this as a warning.
    This is MC. His _parents sent him to stop() by the super market to buy some _root beer if he wanted to gotoAndPlay() with his friends at the park later.

This is my Blog!... The gaming Process
    Please check out my site: Giddel Creations

Razor
    50 hours? thats it, damn that guy would have died walking down the street if he lost all his living energy playing video games for 50 hours, I dont care what game your playing unless the objective is to m*s*e*b*t* as much as possible in 50 hours theres no reason for that.

Style Through Simplicity alillm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckury
    50 hours? thats it, damn that guy would have died walking down the street if he lost all his living energy playing video games for 50 hours
    Lol, i was thinking the same thing. it said he even took naps. Im sure it cant have been just that which killed him. 50 hours is insane, but i dont think it would
    be THAT hard...would it?

Ali

....he's amazing!!! lesli_felix's Avatar
    Computer games can keep heartrate and andrenaline levels very high, so 50 hours killing somebody doesnt surprise me at all.

I just completed doom3 for the second time, don't think I played it for more than 2 hours in any one session, as thats when it stopped being enjoyable.

isn't it like that if ya sleep 2 or 3 days that you then die... You die way earlier from not sleeping then that you die from not eating or drinking

Razor
    The article said he took naps and no Ive gone without sleep for 3 1/2 days once I was tired but I wasnt sick and my heart wasnt giving me any troubles

Yeh but for him to play the same game means it was very engrossing and therefore stressful for him, imagine playing football for 50 hours straight without no sleep, like said before me his heart rate would have been very high throughout.

I get ridiculously irate when watching Arsenal play and im knackered after watching for 90 mins, if a game went on for 3 or 4 hours I would die of exhaustion.
    If our body is a clock ticking away and if while we experience all that this world has to offer time has still continued to pass, are we living or just experiencing a slow death?

Quote Originally Posted by death-ruler
    isn't it like that if ya sleep 2 or 3 days that you then die... You die way earlier from not sleeping then that you die from not eating or drinking
    no i've gone 72 hours with out sleep, but trust me you dont want to. You start feeling VERY dizzy and sick after around 72 hours of no sleep...

Quote Originally Posted by death-ruler
    There was a tv program on a while back, where the last person to go to sleep won. I didnt really watch it, but they were staying awake for some insane amounts of time. I think it was like 1 or 2 weeks, maybie more, and they had to do really boring things like listen to maths lectures, so i dont think that kills you.

Ali

One day I will rule the world.
    alillm, wholly freakin crap! Would you listen to yourself, "1 or 2 weeks", I hope you were exaggerating. I can't go without sleep for more than 30 hours, tops.

Well i cant listen to myself cause im not speaking, just typing . And im not exagerating, cause i cant remember at all how long it was so its not so much exaggerating as guessing. But im pritty sure it was somewhere around that length of time (could be completly wrong though). It was pritty insane anyway. I will see if i can find info on it. Cant remember what it was called though.

Ali

One day I will rule the world.
    Yeah, if you find something cool PM me with it because that is insane.

It was called Shattered and it was 1 week no need to pm just search for Shattered on google and it should be the first one. Looks like there still doing stuff.

Ali

[edit]
    "A reality television gameshow that deprived contestants of sleep for a week and subjected them to tests including electric shocks has been criticised for exploitation."

Haha, should have watched more of that

Official Shoe Shiner thehumanchimp's Avatar
    im pretty sure in that program they were allowed some sleep, albeit very little.
    Message on a gravestone: I finished before you in the human race.

Using: Flash MX

doItLikeThis
    I think that person must be really stressed out, not only for the reason that he has been playing the game continuously, but also note, he had left his job for this...
    -Aditya