A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Video Game Update

Video Game Update

I hadn't picked up any new video games for while. So, I ordered Doom 3, Pirates and NCAA 2006 for Xbox and Battlefield 2 for PC. I saw that Jade Empire got really good ratings but the video I saw of it made it look pretty monotonous. Any others I should consider getting?

don't know if Xbox carries it, but God Of War is awesome.

Resident Evil 4 for the Gamecube, soon to PS2. Possibly the best game I have ever played.
    Hello.

The Minister of No Crap

Halo 2 is the best console game.

God of War does look cool. But, I only have Xbox.

Got Halo 2 in my last game update.

i have pirates for pc and i loved it...easy yet entertaining(get your minds out of the gutter)

Have you played Fable yet?

Fable...Bleh. Too much loading.
    Hello.

pirates for pc was awesome. but pirates for xbox is full of glitches that make it feel like 'how do i successfully navigate the quirks of the game to win'. the handling of the boats sailing on the seas is horribly unrefined with ships getting stuck all over the place and sailing through each other. a map is overlayed at 50% alpha over the entire screen and that is supposed to be the convenient way to navigate and sail the boat at the same time. it makes the entire screen look like island and hull soup. and i swear, if i had to see my character do that leaping flip off the balcony in the tavern one more time i was going to puke. and that was only after playing the game for an hour or two.

ncaa 2006 was horrible. it wouldn't have been competitive with other football games 4 or more years ago! it had all kinds of bugs, the design was bad. i know that college football has always gotten the shaft like this, but its a shame and IGN's review rates it as the best football game this year. cant blame a guy for being hopeful!

i learned my lesson to never trust IGN again. they gave both of these games high (9+ of 10) ratings. what a bs marketing ploy that site is. i hope battlefiald 2 and doom 3 make up for these lemons.

does anyone have any recomendations for a site that offers reliable game ratings and reviews?

I loved the original battlefield, especially the Desert Combat version, but I was disappointed in BF2, there is a lot that's improved over the original, the graphics are better, the milieu is more interesting and detailed, and playing in a squad can be really rewarding, but the fun seems to have gone out of the game.

One thing that pisses me off is that in Desert Combat flying a helicopter was an art that, once mastered, was a lot of fun but in BF2 the helos are incredibly dull, unresponsive and easy to fly. You just can't do anything interesting with them the way you could in DC.

Overall I still prefer the original, BF2 has a lot to offer but there's just none of those 'holy crap' moments that are so entertaining in DC.

well crap. sounds like i will have to throw bf2 into the lemon pile as well once i get it installed!

Zelda comes out Nov 15. YAAAAHOOOOO!!
    Hello.