A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Plasystation 2 Game Recommendations?

Plasystation 2 Game Recommendations?

I've been looking for some good PS2 games, since all I've had is GTA: Vice City and Dynasty Warriors 4, and they're getting old.

I like pretty much any genre, bar racing. I think I'll pick up SOCOM, Battlefield and I might give God of War a shot.

What say the masses?

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.
    Gerbick: America. Stabbing suckers since Vespucci left.

GofW will not dissapoint. I'm too old to get into massivly involved games so accessable games like that are right up my alley.

Suprisingly, Psychonauts was an extremely well writen game as far as story goes. The story doesnt stop when the game starts and the writing is on the level of Buffy the vampire slayer, and if you know Joss Weadons work, you know thats a compliment. But get the xbox version if you have one.

Ok, I just bopped around on gamespy.com...
    The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction is realeased August 25th. That looks good. I liked the last Hulk game.

Anyone played Fantastic 4?

Yea, played Fantastic 4 on my friend's. Pretty much a disappointmant. It was okay, but it wasn't spectacular.

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.

Do you like GTA? What about San Andreas?

I want to try Destroy All Humans or whatever.

Vice City I enjoyed, I didn't even bother with the story line, I'll be honest.

Haven't given SA a shot though.

I played all the Metal Gear Solid games and loved em. That, Tiger Woods Golf, MLB: 2005, and a few others is all ive played. I have since quit video games all together though.

quit video games all together?? ARE YOU INSANE???

Go hiking for 28 days without showering, electricity, junk food, alcohol, meat, or so many other things and you lose interest in them when you get back (except the showering and alcohol... I still have interest in those). I hardly watch TV anymore unless its an occasional baseball game.

Tv is crap. Honestly no games have peaked my interest lately. I used to be a hardcore gamers...I get bored easily with the newer games being released.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

bah. the only thing i watch on tv is sports as well, but video games run through my blood...so if i were going on that hike you went on, the first thing i'd think of is "how the hell am i going to recharge my psp???" So i'd have to bring my GB SP, which also doesnt take regular batteries...when that dies, i'd have to bust out the old schoolers, like the GBA, GB Color, Neo Geo pocket, Neo Geo pocket color, and of course the game gear....i dont think i'd get so desperate as to bring the Microvision though. Funny thing is, i rarely played all those handhelds, just gotta have them...in case i were to go hiking...

GranTurismo 4 why has nobody else mentioned this one yet?
    It is the only reason I still have my PS2.

SUBWAY look GT4 not mentioned till the 12th post what is this world comming to?

<! FlaSHy -->
    I'm currently playing Shadow Hearts - Covenent. It's not that new of a game but, I'm an RPG fan and it's one of the best on the Ps2.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin_smithers
    SUBWAY look GT4 not mentioned till the 12th post what is this world comming to?
    Yeah, it's really sad ... and I'm still not at 100%. It get's really hard above 80%.

An other great game is Project Zero II (and hopefuly the upcoming #3) ... the only game I've played through twice this gen.

And of course the game everyone is waiting for: Wanda and the Colossus

Fredi
    Mind Share Projects [ <- my latest projects ] [ my splash page -> ] Fredi Bach
    OS X Code (r,s) [ my Mac, web 2.0 and programming blog ]
    Not A Blog [ my personal weblog ]
    jMe Feed Aggregator [ my latest most famous project ]
    Web Command Line [ use the web like a real geek ]

Quote Originally Posted by Subway
    Yeah, it's really sad ... and I'm still not at 100%. It get's really hard above 80%.
    80% where do you get all of your time from? you must only sleep like 4 hours every night :-)

And still not even close to the amount of time I would like to have.

Fredi
    Mind Share Projects [ <- my latest projects ] [ my splash page -> ] Fredi Bach
    OS X Code (r,s) [ my Mac, web 2.0 and programming blog ]
    Not A Blog [ my personal weblog ]
    jMe Feed Aggregator [ my latest most famous project ]
    Web Command Line [ use the web like a real geek ]