A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Fix my computer. Sorry, not a Flash ?

I need to fix my testing computer. Does anyone know of any good sites or forums where I can find help? Sorry for the off subject, but I need to test some of my flash work.

Thanks in advance.

It all depends what you have to fix. A PC with Windows has lots of problems all the time ;-)

Yes, you are right. It is a PC. I can't justify shelling out more money just for a mac tho-.

The PC is only getting power to the hard drive, but nothing to the CDRom & floppy. Just wondering if there is an easy way to make some more deductions about what 'isn't' wrong with it.

Anyone?

first of all, check your power connections to the drives. Then check the ide cables. If all these are ok and your jumper settings for both devices are correct (master or slave) then you need to check your BIOS.

You can access the BIOS through the setup (normally the F1 key or del key as you startup the computer). Check that the BIOS is looking for the a: drive for bootup before the hard drive. I reckon it'll be a cable lose or something though. Check inside and post back.

I'm not even able to start up. No windows, no bios. The ide and power connections are all snug. It doesn't smell like anything is burnt either. It doesn't look like my a: & rom: are getting power from the motherboard.