A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: product catalog generator

product catalog generator

Hey guys, long time no see.. I'm loving my new imac g5 by the way. I need some desperate advice. My sister in Law in Venezuela accepted a job to make an online product catalog for an electronics store with like 15 categories of products and each category with 20 some odd products like digital cameras and what not. She accepted the job not knowing anything about web design but asked me to help her out so I have been but I don't know anything about making product catalogs. I have been painsteakingly creating each html and it stresses me out to think of the hundreds more i will have to make.

My question, Does anyone know of any software or any way to create your categories, subcategories, choose images and write descriptions of products and autogenerate all html and thumbnails and everything automatically? Free program would be nice

Check out www.sourceforge.net . I believe there are a number of opensource catalog-like systems there.

sooo your getting all the money right?

"Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

I can help you out if you are still having trouble....

nothings free of course...