A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: JS/CSS works in IE, not FF

JS/CSS works in IE, not FF

I'm currently just throwing concepts together to learn techniques, which I will use to create a more original site. I had the js working here. If you click the hide/unhide, the CSS class, which contains id's, expands and shrinks accordingly. Then I wanted to add a footer that stays glued to the bottom, to do this I had to group my layout and but it in a container (id). The footer works how it should in both browsers, but now the hide/unhide only works in IE. In IE it expands and the right div hides, in FF the div hides, but the content doesn't expand. Here is the link that is causing the problem. My JS code is in the source, for you to see, the only thing that changed coding wise is the new container that surrounds everything but the footer. Not sure if it is a flaw in FF, because it works fine in IE. The weird thing is, in the JS code, if I change the 10 to a 0 in:

Code:
    x.style.marginRight = (style2.display == "none") ? "10":"205px";
    then both browsers behave accordingly, expanding it to the edge of the screen, but if I put it to 10 how I want it, only IE works. Is the new main container causing problems to js in FF? If it wasn't resizing at all then I'd think so, but it works on zero.
    Fly pelican, fly! ~ Tony Montana

Got it, now to figure out keep the footer stationary when expanding...
    Fly pelican, fly! ~ Tony Montana