A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: ABP (another blog post): going creepy

ABP (another blog post): going creepy

Ok, I set up an anonymous blog where I plan to do a creativity exercise, really creepy creativity though.

I tag all posts as "fiction", and in my first post i state that everything said in that blog is completelly fictional. Anyway, the subjects for these posts are going to be quite aggresive: write stories of crimes, from innocent to really sick ones like killing a cat or murder or whatever I can think of.

The purpose is to see how crazy I really am (to see if i can write something that makes me think i may need a pshycologist), and the other one, just to move my brain a bit to the dark side, as I want to make a comic, but also a dark one, kinda like Spawn.

Anyway....is there anything legal I have to keep in mind if I talk about imaginary murders and stuff and crimes and descriptions of those crimes (fictional crimes)???? is there any limitation on what I can really post in a blogger account?

I'm crazy ain't i
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

think happy thoughts

And if I ever decide to kill anyone, I know who to blame

i always had the idea to do that, since I saw in a documentary that Stephen King wrote a book called "The gun", which, more than a story of a teenager that brought a gun to school and killed his teachers and classmates, it seemed as a perfect manual to follow to actually commit that act.....therefore, I think the book was banned everywhere (stupid from my point of view, but anyway).

So, I want to see if I can also have a criminal mind, not to really do something, but to see if I can think of stuff that normally wouldn't think about. That can open your mind (the same way as for knowing network security, you need to know about hacking). As my plan is to later make a comic with a couple of creepy characters, I guess I neet to learn to think as they'd think.

Ah, also
    *note to self: admedia=first victim* mwahahahaha!
    Sponsored by your mom.

Thinking dark horrible thoughts is no problem, for a majority of human biengs.

Give yourself a real challenge, try and make the sick horrible events funny, even ammusing. It's worth a go, seriosuly. Great creative/comedy exercise.

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.
    Gerbick: America. Stabbing suckers since Vespucci left.

Argonauta: "Attention, attention! I need attention! Hey look at me! I'm Caaaaaraaazy! Wooo yeah!"

F R E A K

If you were as crazy as you like to think you are then the blog wouldn't be 'fictional'

It would just be a blog, but still have cat murders etc.
    "Wah wah wah Dorothy Parker wah wah wah" - hanratty21

no i don't think i'm crazy, and i don't think i'm as narcisist as markp. it's just a creative incentive, i just wanted to know if there's any legal implication if i write about a murder or something like that.
    Sponsored by your mom.

Nope, people write stories about all kinds of things. You're fine.

And ignore markp (again. how many time will I find myself saying this?) It appears he needs his pacifier again. Or some way to refresh his humor.

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.

Quote Originally Posted by Markp.com
    Argonauta: "Attention, attention! I need attention! Hey look at me! I'm Caaaaaraaazy! Wooo yeah!"

F R E A K
    Brilliant!

I am freaked out enough by all of those eyes all over the place:

WTF!?

that's the point. Traffic. page rank. Hopefully I'd get links from other blogs saying: "this guy has an eye fetiche or something" It may work. It's more a marketing experiment than anything else.
    Sponsored by your mom.

just put up a disclaimer in the about section that your blog is a work of fiction... you should be just fine.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

One thing that bothers me already about blogger is it's innundated with spammers.

I got 2 messages in mine.
    They are like: "Hi, love your blog. Click Here for better rates on your car insurance."

That was me. I just saved a lot of money with Geico.

Sorry.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Quote Originally Posted by admedia
    One thing that bothers me already about blogger is it's innundated with spammers.

I got 2 messages in mine.
    They are like: "Hi, love your blog. Click Here for better rates on your car insurance."
    i noticed that whenever i get spammed, I also received a lot of clicks to my google ads, so they may leave some unwanted messages, but they make you earn a couple of cents as well.

Blogger is a nice tool for spammers too, as you can create multiple blogs, and delete them....so you create a fake blog, fill it with some blogs, ping them to technorati with some misleading tags, and then erase your blog.

On the other hand, blogs are an easy way to get traffic (not meaning you receive more faithfull visitors, but you get traffic easily when you have a blog, and i've seen that a lot of sites recommend blogs if you want to get a higher ranking in search engines. That is, a blog besides your true site).

Anyway, usually when you don't have anything to do, and surf the web with no goal at all, you usually end up at the same sites you always visit, or get bored because you can't find an interesting site. Most blogs may not have cool content, but it's a good source to find cool links to other cool sites, so when I'm wasting my time, I usually go to technorati or blogger, and just read a blog. It's less senseless than trying to find something in google (again, when you don't have a specific subject you want to learn about).

Blogs, for what I've seen, are a true aid for teens as well, as they have a tool to express their (pointless) anger at everything and everyone, so it's like a good relief for the soul. Most people write blogs without caring if they are being read or not.

Also, as it happened the other day with gerbick not finding in google who won the Hilton show. If you can't find it in google, no problem, if it's an event that's happening right now, be sure someone around the globe is blogging about it.

So there are nice things about blogs. Also bad things, like spam, lots and lots of garbage content (who knows? maybe 30 bad sites for each 1 good blog?). It's also a bandwith eating monster, because if your blog is successful, and you got readers, they may not even be visiting your site....they probably are getting fed via RSS....so most sites that earn money through ads, may get more traffic, but they are not earning more clicks (and that's where the next spam generation will go....rss ads)

All in all, although they are a good communication tool, I also think the most interesting thing of blogs is that they've somehow revive the internet commercially speaking, and right now you do have a good chance of making money out of the internet. So, you either get on the wagon and try to make money while it lasts, or you just wait till blogs burst and no one wants them anymore and the internet dies again like it did a few years ago. There's people blogging about anything, and making money out of it, so it's a good chance to try it yourself, and that's my purpose with all these creepy theme. I just try different schemes to see how well they can work. Not only because it'd be nice to make a successfull blog, also because I (as most people here) live off the internet, so you better know how it works; maybe you can't make money out of a blog, but you could make money charging a client for giving advice of what NOT to do (because you tried it already).

In the other thread I started, talking about social networks, I think no one can deny that that thing is really a trend right now. Blogging, tagging, social networks, rss....they are on top of everything right now, and you can either ignore it or try to get into it...again, while it lasts.
    Sponsored by your mom.

yeah, if you mention it's fiction you'll be ok. my only note of caution: remember that guy that kidnapped the boy and girl from idaho, and sexually molested them, killing the boy. well, he apparently blogged about some of it (and other crimes) and they are using that against him.

a note on teenagers blogging - i've read that over half, possibly up to 2/3rds, of all blogs are by teenagers. they have found some classes at schools where every single girl has a blog. wild stuff...i remember when girls just passed notes and talked on the phone at night...no cell phones, internet, or SMS!!!

Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book

I agree argo, I am as excited about it now as you seem to be. I am kind of a blogger n00b though and it just struck me as I am browsing various blogs and reading comments. Overall I think it's a good thing as you could probably tell in the Social net post.

Excited to see what you come up with in your blogging endeavors as well.

When I used to use live journal (have since abandoned it) I made it as obscure as possible. My friends couldn't tell whether I hired a hit man or ate pancakes for breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by ViRGo_RK
    When I used to use live journal (have since abandoned it) I made it as obscure as possible. My friends couldn't tell whether I hired a man for breakfast or ate pancakes .