A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Driving Photos

I am definitelly holding off for the 20D my friend is getting one as well and we might start shooting weddings and other special events next summer and wanna share lenses

the 20D BODY is $1330 at B&H, will be taking a little raod trip to NYC in the next couple months i hope

So is it worth getting it with the stock lense or go just the body like i want a buy another general use lense that is better? and if you say #2 what lense should i look into?
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Also anyone know the street date for the 5D, Looks impressive. But too impressive that might come along with a huge price tag...but crossing my fingers it will drop the price of the 20D

and what EV said, I am looking for turn on and shooting. Only reason I still like film cameras better. But looking to change that
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

adamcrohill, i like that. nice silhouette

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z
    I am definitelly holding off for the 20D my friend is getting one as well and we might start shooting weddings and other special events next summer and wanna share lenses

the 20D BODY is $1330 at B&H, will be taking a little raod trip to NYC in the next couple months i hope

So is it worth getting it with the stock lense or go just the body like i want a buy another general use lense that is better? and if you say #2 what lense should i look into?
    I think the stock lens (Canon EF-S 17-85MM f4-5.6 IS USM) should probably be ok, my dad has it, and whilst it is not as sharp around the edges as, say my macro lens, it is still a great general purpose lens. The image 3rd gen I.S. is fantastic as well.

Without paying for L glass I think its a good lens to go for. Especialy if you can get it at a good price with the camera.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/reviews/s...&cat=27&page=2

(bearing in mind the pps there can be a bit anal, and tend to analyse their photos with an electron microscope)

are the cars on the roofs in sri lanka because of the tsunami perhaps?

Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book

Quote Originally Posted by nordberg
    are the cars on the roofs in sri lanka because of the tsunami perhaps?
    No I dont think so, this photo was taken near Nuwara Eliya, right in the middle of the island, maybe its like a status symbol or something? I dont know.

FK'n Elitist Super Mod EVPohovich's Avatar
    O. K., so I don't go anywhere without my camera anymore, I've missed too many great shots. We Took Kristi's youngest daughter to Monterey to attend college (CSUMB) and I threw the camera in the back of the car right behind my seat (I can reach around an grab it out of the case easily there). We get to Heather's Dad's house and she needs us to transport various odds and ends because she doesn't have enough roomin her car, and there is also some things that she wants us to store for her. Cool, no problem.

On our way to Monterey we hit Highway 101 and the most beautiful sight you have ever seen on four wheels is right there. I reach around the seat to grab my trusty 20D and I hit the porcelain head of a doll.....not just one doll mind you but five. Yeah, Kristi stacked 5 antique porcelain dolls on top of my camera case thinking that would help keep them safe.....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

So, here it is.....taken with my v551 a paper plated Ferrari 575 Marenallo:

Thought these were kinda cool..

Bridge over the Ohio River going into Ohio

taken on my phone camera... so quality aint too good, just wish i had my propper camera with me when i thought about it!

---------------------
    Regards,

Steve Richardson
    www.SparkySteve.com
    www.SparkySteve.com - Flash Site, In Progress!

Nikonist
    How do you like my passengers?

Seeing as everyone is posting mirror pics now...

"Wah wah wah Dorothy Parker wah wah wah" - hanratty21

here's my contribution from the weekend....

(excuse the smudgy dirty windows)

I like the last one the best

yeah i like how the sky looks in that one. they're all a bit too grainy though....
    but they weren't meant to be anything too spectacular- the m25 isn't the most photogenic road

I am driving down to durham tomorrow on A1 so will take a few pics with my D500 phone! still saving money up for a new digicam since I lost it!

for any of you who are unaware, this is England.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Since the talk these days are the gas prices and the Katrina.. Thought I would get a pic of the gas signs for posterity.. So here it is in Fayetteville, NC
    Taken on 2 Sep 05...

the most impressive thing about the shot above is that wannabe 80z was doing 90 at the time steering with his feet

Not nearly as impressive as the majority of the images in this thread...
    And I wasn’t exactly driving, but hey!