A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: THANK YOU and invitation for everybody.

nice mp3 player thankful

That first tune sounds a bit like enya though, but not too worry

Did you use Reason? I'm sure I recognise some of those samples!

Quote Originally Posted by Thankful
    Take a look in here... thread also started by me...

http://www.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?t=636137

The effect on that link is outdated if you're using Flash 8.
    You can use the colorMatrixFilter to achieve the same thing much more easily.
    www.lexicon-design.co.uk
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?
    If Vegetarians like animals so much, why do they eat all their food?

Yes I used Reason (there is general info window on the player page explaining which machines I used), but just for adding few effects. Originally I produced that song with my old Roland-XP10 and sequencer Kawai-Q80. Most of those songs were made using these two machines, although some of them I made using Korg X3, Roland TR-909 as a rhythm machine and processed them through Fruity Loops or Reason.

Enya ? Well, she is great and her songs are beautiful. I like when songs sounds relaxing. My biggest exemplar was Enigma, Jean Michel Jarre and Vangelis though.

You have to be aware that 98% of those songs I made more than 10 years ago...

Cheers !
    :: ONLINE PORTFOLIO :: web site (Flash version 7 required, recommended screen resolution: at least 1024x768 pixels)

:: SASHA-Z-CREATIONS :: web site

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon
    The effect on that link is outdated if you're using Flash 8.
    You can use the colorMatrixFilter to achieve the same thing much more easily.
    Wonderful... you have any nice example like last time ? Some nice simple .Fla file maybe so we can play with it and see how it really works ?

Thanks in advance !
    :: ONLINE PORTFOLIO :: web site (Flash version 7 required, recommended screen resolution: at least 1024x768 pixels)

There you go, an example...

needs, image_mc and btn0, btn1, btn2...

Code:
    // Flash 8 basic ColorMatrix tween example //

// import the filter
    import flash.filters.ColorMatrixFilter;

// v ranges from -255(black) (0 is original colour) to 255(white)
    var v:Number = 0;
    var steps:Number = 20;	// number of frames etc.
    var sv:Number;		// start
    var dv:Number		// difference
    var progr:Number;	// progress

// 3 buttons with different target values...
    btn0.tv = -255;
    btn1.tv = 0;
    btn2.tv = 255;
    btn0.onRelease = btn1.onRelease = btn2.onRelease = btnPress;

function btnPress()
    {
    	// initialise vars
    	progr = 0;
    	sv = v;
    	dv = this.tv - v;
    	// animate
    	image_mc.onEnterFrame = animate;
    }

function animate()
    {
    	// work out v (standard linear tween)
    	v = dv*++progr/steps + sv;
    	// create a colour transform matrix
    	var matrix:Array = 	[1, 0, 0, 0, v,		//red
    				 0, 1, 0, 0, v,		//green
    				 0, 0, 1, 0, v,		//blue
    				 0, 0, 0, 1, 0];	//alpha
    	// apply filter
    	image_mc.filters = [new ColorMatrixFilter(matrix)];
    	// delete when done
    	if(progr==steps) delete this.onEnterFrame;
    }
    Well, your relaxing tunes still got my girlfriend up this morning complaining about my new bass speakers She wasn't relaxed, but I was nicely chilled
    www.lexicon-design.co.uk
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?
    If Vegetarians like animals so much, why do they eat all their food?

A Flashkit User
    Hey Thankful

Thats an awesome site. Couldn't really find anything wrong with it. I love how everythings so ... clean looking and so smooth. It well done. You did a really good job, something you should be really proud of =D

Keep up the great work, wouldn't mind seeing more of your stuff!

-Ostil-

Wow Thankful, very nice indeed! I would like to make it the site of the day tomorrow.
    Thanks for sharing all your hard work.

Thank you guys soooooooo much ! You have no idea how much it means to me when I see your comments... whether those are praises, constructive comments or even bad comments. I like them all, because they really can help me to decide in which direction should I focus my future work...

Thanks again !

@ Lexicon - as always you are amazing guy and I am so sorry other forums out there don't have as much nice people as this one has... this world would be much better place to live in, if we just have more helpful and woderful people out there, just like you guys are. Don't want to forget other wonderful forum mebers and regulars... such an amazing community. You guys made my work even more worth... at least to me.

Well, your relaxing tunes still got my girlfriend up this morning complaining about my new bass speakers She wasn't relaxed, but I was nicely chilled
    My appologies to your better looking half... but this time you are the guilty one Next thing... your neighbours will knock on your door and then save yourself

@ Ostil - thank you as well... I really appreciate your opinion and I am so glad you like this site... btw, which part of Ontario are you from if I'm not asking much. I am from Toronto, came here little bit more than 3 years ago... I am enjoying this country so much

@ Planet - Thanks ! I started this thread a while ago, but time ate it I guess, haha... someone posted something yesterday and people started to look at it again. I would be so honoured if I see my site as a site of the day somewhere... is there any link maybe where I could take a peek by any chance ?

At first when I just started with this site, I was soooo affraid to show it to anyone. I know how many wonderful and experienced Flashers or AS experts (gurus) we have in here... I really expected everybody will boo-me, haha... like those comments: "...you could do that in a much better way..." or "...why didn't you use more of a AS inside..." etc. And I'm not saying I would mind to see that, but I guess it would scare a hell out of me, haha...

But no, you people accepted me as a part of this community and even though I'm still learning, I feel so much like home... Thanks again !

For all those who are interested in my other work, I am also first additional skin designer for avast! antivirus. You can check it here (official avast! web page), although those previevs are just small thumbnails... you have to have avast! installed to be able to see those skins in full size. 99% of those skins are also fully animated (sliding panels for on demand scanner etc.). I'm not trying to advertize anything in here, just thought I could help them somehow since they also have a fully working freeware version of that wonderful antivirus. They generously give that program for free, so I wanted to participate somehow if possible. They generously accepted my help, and my skins are all over the globe now... Here is a link for official site:

http://www.avast.com/eng/skins.html

And here you can take a peek at all those skins made by me in full size. I prepared simple page so you can see them all:

::: FULL SIZE SKIN PREVIEWS :::

Another huge project I'm doing right now is still in process... so can't talk much about it right now, but I'm designing icons for one of the best mail checking/notifying utilities out there. Of course it's freeware, so I'm trying to help one here as well...

Cheers !
    Last edited by Thankful; 11-10-2005 at 11:19 AM.

A Flashkit User
    Hey, I'm from Mississauga, right beside Toronto =D

Canada is an awesome country eh, (hehe, gotta throw in the EH in there). You did well in choosing a great country, and a great province at that =D

Welcome to Canada!

-Ostil-

Hehe, you're right... this is unbelievable country. I see we are neighbours. I live in South/West part of the city of Toronto... Etobicoke, right on the border with Mississauga. Pretty close, eh ?

Cheers and have a wonderful day !

OK, here is a simple example (fading using AS in Flash 8) Lexicon gave us in one of his replies up there... I turned it into small SWF example...

::: FADING IN/OUT and WHITE WASH example :::
    In case anyone is interested, FLA file can be downloaded from here:

http://www.savefile.com/files/3133254

Lexicon thank you for this AS example !

KillaJuggalotus
    Nice whats the code to put the time on there????

Here is a FLA file, download it and study it... it's quite simple.

http://www.savefile.com/files/6223285

KillaJuggalotus
    thanks....im SO new to flash i barely know nething about it

You're welcome,

and trust me, there is no better way than visiting these forums and asking for help. People are unbelievable generous and they simply adore to help new Flash users.

Best thing you can do with that FLA file is to open it and analyse it. I'm telling you, it's quite simple. Having a FLA file is like open book. You just have to take some time reading it, that's all..

Regards

Thank you Planet !

Site link is on the HOME page as a site of the day thanks to Planet...

Fame through association!

I've browsed this thread a couple of times to see the new posts and saw that your work was recognized as the site of the day! Congratulations! I didn't think much about it and continued to peruse the forums. In visiting today, I happened to look over the front page to see your site listed and was rather shocked to see my review next to it. I'm not quite sure how that happened as I only offered a couple of tips here and there, but I have to admit, it was a nice surprise, lol I've visited your site several times through out it's construction and your work is top notch. Keep up the good work!

Regards
    NTD

Quote Originally Posted by NTD
    Fame through association!

I've browsed this thread a couple of times to see the new posts and saw that your work was recognized as the site of the day! Congratulations! I didn't think much about it and continued to peruse the forums. In visiting today, I happened to look over the front page to see your site listed and was rather shocked to see my review next to it. I'm not quite sure how that happened as I only offered a couple of tips here and there, but I have to admit, it was a nice surprise, lol I've visited your site several times through out it's construction and your work is top notch. Keep up the good work!

Regards
    NTD
    Please do not be so modest NTD. You helped not just to me, but to many other people in this forum as well. That's what counts !

Maybe those are just "couple of tips here and there" for you, but sure I know how to appreciate your effort and time spent on my problems. I am almost 100% sure other people are sharing my thoughts here. We really need more people like you guys.

Every single forum out there should take this forum as an example... best possible example. We all have our primary responsibilities in our lives, and sometimes it's very hard to find some free, spare time to answer all these requests, but you guys always find some time and generously offers your unbelievable assistance to everyone...

Thanks again !

Flasher
    Hi. It's hard to believe you're still learning with a site like that!
    I really like the smooth, modern feel to it. It has a very nice feel, and I really can't find anything to fix!
    Great job,
    Sportzguy933

Thanks !

Trust me there is a lot of stuff waiting for me to learn it... a lot of stuff.

This site looks the way it looks just because I put unbelievable 6 weeks of hard work into it. I worked around 8-10 hours each day, and I was able to afford it because at that time I was working from home.

Believe me, most of those things are just animations/tweenings and I wish I could do some things differently (ie. by using AS more often). I had some wonderful ideas, but my limited AS knowledge didn't allow me to go all the way I wanted... I guess, someone who is AS master and I, would make a great team, haha...

My biggest love is graphic design, so somehow I found it to be closely related to Flash as well. I'm into gfx designing more than 17 years now, I was active member of few demo/intro designing groups in Europe (Polaris from Croatia and Banana DeZigns from Norway) and we used to "burn" around demo scene back then...

To put it more specific, most of those Polaris guys are members of the Cro-Team (Serious Sam, the game) today. I was closely working with Alen Ladavac, the programmer, by supplying him with all kinds of graphic materials for our demo/intro releases.... today, those guys are making good money.

I'm sure everybody can achieve this level, it's just you have to be persistent in what you want to do, and you have to try hard... work, work, and work.

Cheers !

Flasher
    Yes.
    Your graphic talent does show (and so does Microsoft's [lol]). It also seems that you're pretty good at sound effects.