A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: THANK YOU and invitation for everybody.

I'd be glad if I can help you anyhow with Java, but the painful truth is I have no clue about Java. I found some page somewhere explaining how to deal (fool the IE) with PNG transparency (alpha channel) in IE. In Firefox, even in every other browser except IE, everything is OK. Good thing is, IE7 finally fixed that annoying problem with IE engine not showing PNG transparency channel properly... you always get that annoying gray square around the object. I checked things in Windows Vista pre-Beta 2 and so far everything looks great. No need to use that Java script any more. You just place PNG inside the HTML and that's it... IE7 engine does its job.

As far as PNG's and transparency inside the Flash goes... as long as you use 24-bit PNG with transparency enabled (in PS) or 32-bit PNG in Fireworks which is actually exactly the same (24-bit PNG file + 8-bit alpha channel = 32-bit, they just differently name those files), you don't have to worry. As soon as you place PNG file WITH transparent channel inside the Flash, you don't have to worry about how it will be shown in IE. It will have all alpha channels just because from there Flash is the one responsible for handling PNG and its transparency, not IE.

I explained few things in this thread:
    http://www.flashkit.com/board/showth...t=transparency

Cheers !

EDIT: This is where I learned from how to deal with PNG and its alpha channels from within IE. That Java Script trick source is located inside one of those pages (HOW TO USE page), but I suggest you go through all of them... interesting stuff inside.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bobosola
    Last edited by Thankful; 12-08-2005 at 05:49 PM.
    :: ONLINE PORTFOLIO :: web site (Flash version 7 required, recommended screen resolution: at least 1024x768 pixels)

:: SASHA-Z-CREATIONS :: web site

absolute path
    Thanks Thankful,
    I thought I was ok but this helps my worries. I am on a Mac and most of my viewers are as well. I purposefully code-design on the OS9.2/I.E.5.2 so that I can understand the limits of these for most viewers. I.E.7 sounds Windows-based. But I did pull my PNG thru PS @ 24 and Flash, which I've always thought was stable. Thanks for clarifying.
    I was wondering, could you direct me to the site or page that javascripted your status bar? When I try looking for good sites for JS, well, lets just say I DON'T have the time to search 344,768,906 sites this week.
    It's cool if you don't remember but I would really appreciate any insight you may have.
    Thanks again Thankful for everything, including posting that great site!
    Truely!

Of course I can provide you that code. I already wrote about it in this same thread (check my reply #25)... oh well, here it is:

http://www.flashkit.com/board/showpo...2&postcount=25

Check the end of the thread... I posted whole code and a little explanation.

Cheers !
    :: ONLINE PORTFOLIO :: web site (Flash version 7 required, recommended screen resolution: at least 1024x768 pixels)

absolute path
    You are so sweet, yess I saw this . . . but . . . er . . .uhm I don't know how to unlock the box that 'hides' it. I notice this a lot in these threads, where someone will be kind enough to share their insights with all us starters but then then actual code is 'hidden'. I've looked over the FAQ's, my info page, my subscriptions but I can't tell why this is. Did I not check/uncheck a box somewhere that gives me sight to all of this info that people are passing around.??!. I feel silly even admitting this as it probably is something simple that I just haven't noticed to click on yet but, there it is. Hence the reason for the exhaustive question. So sorry. It's really a very frustrating thing.
    thanks though,
    truely

absolute path
    Thankful,
    FINALLY figured out a 'work around' to get that locked up code you posted in #25.!!.
    Gosh! Knowing how to do this would have been soooo helpful about three weeks ago but here it is, unlocked now. Thank you for your gracious patience. I will start to study this now!
    Thanks!
    truely!

No problems, but I still have no clue why you couldn't see that code I posted inside the code tags... now when you finally solved it, it would be greatly appreciated if you can share with us what you did to "unlock" it as you mentioned. I am sure it would help a lot others with same problem... and also I am very curious about this... one of those settings in forum OPTIONS maybe ?

Thanks in advance !

FlashKit v2 is finally up and running... and I am so happy to be able to say that my site became a part of FEATURED section of the site (November 2005). Here is the link:

http://www.flashkit.com/sites/nov05.php

Thanks Planet and all others as well !

An FKer
    Congratulations Sasha!,

I recognized which site was yours, probably one of the best. Good job, and we look foward to seeing your other creations in the future.

Very impressive!!!

Very giangantic work you done here, I hope I could get my creative-brain-cells working properly.. they are shut off for ages!
    When you actually know what "OMG I have so much homework!" means, you won't want to be me.
    Xrave

Just a small update... I changed the LCD screen design and appearance when GFX gallery button is pressed. I've noticed the old one looked kind of weird... also, 3D perspective wasn't solved best possible.

Now I changed that, played a bit with Swift3D, and I believe now it looks little bit better. I wish I have Swift3D license here so I wouldn't have to go borrow a laptop from my neighbour all the time when I need to do something in 3D, haha... I guess buying of Swift3D is a good option... well, next step it could be exactly buying of such a wonderful software... have to ask my wife, lol...

Here is a screenshot how it looked before, and how it looks now... short entering 3D animation sequence makes it also little bit nicer IMHO...

Cheers !

When I first saw your work some time ago, I was impressed, however, .....after a period of time, ....it has turned to jealousy

Keep up the creative and inspiring work!

Regards
    NTD

No way, there is no need to be jealous my wonderful friend. I am your "product" and FlashKit's product anyway... I thought the real and true purpose of this FlashKit forum is to bring us all together, and make us learn from each other. That's the only way if we all want to move forward...

If you noticed, I really like to help if I can sometimes... just don't want to sound stupid if sometimes people ask something I am not 100% sure I know the answer... but sure it gives me such a pleasure to help someone even if it's just something minor, smallest... If it makes at least one person happy, my job is done...

No need to be jealous, I am sure everything you do is at least 10 thousand times better than anything I will ever accomplish with AS. It's just I like design and I like to play with drawing utilities, that's all... haha, people don't believe me when I say I never touched PhotoShop in my life. Well, I took a look few times, but it was something so extensive that I got affraid and simply ran away... haha... the lack of free time is the biggest problem, and I know what I am missing, but I like Fireworks so much that I practically can do whatever you want me to do with Fireworks... true, not as fast as someone can do it with PS, just because of all those plug-ins etc... but still it can be done... anything.

Cheers !

P.S. Btw, LCD screen is just one of those examples that comes with Swift3D, it's not originally my design...
    Last edited by Thankful; 02-04-2006 at 06:07 PM.

I'm more of a code junkie and there are better code junkies around here than me. My jealousy, and I say that in a joking manner, is your very good eye for artistic impression and detail. Even after a number of years, I am not sure that is something I will ever have a good grasp of. Artistic impression is something that is very difficult to teach, you either have it or you dont. Well, everyone has it to some degree, just some more than others and you seem to be very good at it. Your artistic impression has very professional appeal to it, as opposed to my artwork, which often looks much more like a grade school student at work with crayons

Keep up the good work
    NTD

Thanks for all those nice words and I also wish you to keep up the great work !

Oh yes... btw... well, I still do not believe in so called talents, although there must be something I guess... I'm assuring you, in my case it's simply 50% of my love towards what I do, and 45% of hard work and persistency. Rest of 5% I have no clue what it is, but hard to say it's a talent... no one in my family ever showed any single sign of interest into design or graphics in general, not to speak about composing music or anything like that... it's just I've got interested in those things, so interested that I started to play with everything... anyone can do it... and results will always be there... bad or good, but results will always be there.

Trying is what counts

Cheers !

I think that 5% is your attraction to make Flash stuff?
    When you actually know what "OMG I have so much homework!" means, you won't want to be me.
    Xrave

famous words,
    trying is what counts
    Hope there weren't a nerve in my brain telling me to give up.
    Xrave

what resolution is your movie Thankful?
    Xrave

Sorry, which movie ? You lost me there, because in last few replies I don't remember I mentioned any movie, so really don't know which one you meant...

If you meant on my personal page, and the size in pixels, then the answer is 686 x 484 pixels.

Oh man... i done 920 * 690
    Xrave