dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Little Help for my Slide-Show

Little Help for my Slide-Show

Hey Guys here I am again :-p. I'm creating a slideshow and I need help in three things

1. I would like that my song in the slide show keeps playing for the entire presentation after {scene2} but since that scene contains a "pick a chapter" type of thing It would move, after clicking on an option, to a new scene meaning the song would no longer play. I need to learn how to keep the song playing.

2. After the person click on any of the options, how do I direct that person to a specific scene?

and last

3. I would like that when people click on the option for a chapter all the other things fade out exept the one they pick and then fly up and center, grow a little and flash.

You're help would be VERY APPRICIATED!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your time and support guys/girls

Carpe Diem - Moderator wolfgross's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash_newbe
    Hey Guys here I am again :-p. I'm creating a slideshow and I need help in three things

1. I would like that my song in the slide show keeps playing for the entire presentation after {scene2} but since that scene contains a "pick a chapter" type of thing It would move, after clicking on an option, to a new scene meaning the song would no longer play. I need to learn how to keep the song playing.
    Place your music into a seperate movie and use the load/unload movie option to play/stop the sound.
    2. After the person click on any of the options, how do I direct that person to a specific scene?
    Use the "go and play' action, eg...
    Code:
    on (press) {
        gotoSceneAndPlay("Scene_2",1);
    }
    and last

3. I would like that when people click on the option for a chapter all the other things fade out exept the one they pick and then fly up and center, grow a little and flash.

You're help would be VERY APPRICIATED!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your time and support guys/girls
    This is a little too complex to explain with a few words.

wolf

Thanks for your help. The Sound part is not coming up when I do it the way you explain it. I'll keep surfing around it :P

Hi flash_newbe,

If you use Action Script (the loadSound method) to play your music (mp3) ... it will carry from one scene to the other no problem.

Hereis a tutorial on how to do this:
    http://www.swishzone.com/forums/inde...showtopic=8983

Blessings

jwr
    When all is said and done -- "You MUST be Born Again!" John 3:3

OMG!!! I FEEL SO DUM!!!! I can't still get it play for the entire presentation atthe moment I switch scenes BANG! the music is gone

Fort Collins, CO ~In step with the steppe
    Here is a demo that can be downloaded and taken apart:
    http://flashhq.net/swish/musicStay_sceneChange.html
    —Flash Buddy
    ------------------------------------
    Real Life Has No Reset Button
    Secure Affordable Web Hosting

Hi,

I downloaded your swi and the music swf -- it plays perfect for me. I can switch from Scene_1 to Scene_2 and the music continues to play without interruption.

Try clearing your Internet Cache and also clearing the folder in which SwishMax uses to "test in Player" -- this might make a difference for you. You can find the "test in Player" folder by clicking on "tools" and then on "preferences" in SwishMax

Blessings
    jwr
    When all is said and done -- "You MUST be Born Again!" John 3:3