A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How to load a picture....

Thanx Pope!

But how do I get it placed where I want?
    I mean if I only assign the action "load movie test.swf" Flash place the picture in upper left corner. I was thinking about making some frames/borders where the picture would fit perfect regarding size and look...or even move some of the menu in a smart way and then place the picture right next to it with a button attached to get back to the menu...

[This message has been edited by Thomaz (edited 14 April 2000).]

Question

Hello all!

I'm in the beginnig of making a fullscreen portfolio in Flash. I have made everything work about the fullscreen, but here comes another question.
    In the menu I'm planning of having small thumbnailed poictures..This I'll make into buttons - no problem there. But the larger pictures should be loaded into a place I want to define - how can I do this? I don't want the jpeg's included in the movie at startup only if the thubs are pressed - how can I do this.....

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Wink

Just use the load movie command. make each jpeg a seperate swf. and when they click the button it loads the movie into what ever level you want. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Wink

There is two ways to do this. One is to make the swf file stage size the same as the main movie. this will allow you to align the file just as the main movie. Second way is to just make the swf the same size as the picture that you are using. Load the moive into a empty movie clip that you have on the stage of the main moive this way you can movie it around with animation etc.

Load Movie ("chicken.swf", "/X")

Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.

Smile

Ok thanx again..

I think it's the last of the solutions I need to play with...

CU