A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: logo designs, please give me your opinion

logo designs, please give me your opinion

i'm supposed to come up with a logo for a corporate/oragnisational consultancy called corporate talk. This is what i've been playing around with. please criticize, constructively:
    Attached Images Attached Images

between 92762 and 92764...
    I like your work so far. Here are my opinions/suggestions:

#'s 4 and 5 are too plain, theres no logo, only words.
    #2 is just too boring.

Now 1 and 3 are my favorites, I like the table. When I hear "Corporate talk"... I think of a word bubble. Maybe you could take the little table logo and make the table part like a word bubble comming from the words? I dont know, just my opinion. Something like this:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Just Remember...
    You are unique, just like everyone else...

thanx for the suggestion,i'll consider it

you need to remeber that if it doesnt work in black and white it doesn't really work that well

also that table and chairs idea won't be good on small items such as business cards pens etc.... simplicity is the key

so which would u recommend,tay

You really need to work on your font selection. None of those say corporate or talk to me, let alone what else you may want to communicate with it. What do you want the logo to say? Professional? High class? Reliable?

And I'm not feelign the table either. The gradiant feels off and the round illustration doesn't flow with your sharp serifed fonts or the hand written ones.

Also, do you want people to know them as Corp. Talk? or Corporate Talk? It sounds like their name is Corporate Talk.
    It must be obvious day at camp stupid

Just a brief suggestion...personally I would use a structured, 'solid', font for 'Corporate' and something more fluid and evocative for 'Talk'. I would also consider making 'Talk' somewhat larger than the word 'Corporate' so the emphasis is on the activity of communication.

Also, if you are dead set on using some type of illustrative element, I'm afraid I would have to recommend ditching the table and chairs completely. No offense, but it looks remarkably bug-like at first glance. And even if the viewer is able to go beyond this initial visual impression, the representation of a conference table and some chairs don't really do much to convey the spirit or goals of the company as I understand it.

They are an organizational consulting agency, correct? So how about coming up with a design made out of interconnected shapes, perhaps somehow implying the last piece sliding into place? The purpose of this would be to imply that Corporate Talk is the piece of the puzzle that their clients are looking for in order to 'complete' their company.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

good criticism. any examples for m? u dont necessarily have to commit a design effort. i had misgivings about the table too. to me,it looks a bit cartoonish and not so professional.
    i thought of two hands shaking each other or a tie of some sorts.

would u also think it would have been better leaving it as either Corp. Talk or Corporate Talk and havin some kinda symbol with the initials 'CT'?

Concepts are up to you. You were hired for the job.

I'm sure I've told you before - get some paper and pencils and sketch everything you think of for this job. And once you're done, sketch some more. Then pick a few concepts that you think work and develop them some more on paper. After that post some sketches here for us to see.
    It must be obvious day at camp stupid