A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Looking for some advice.

Hybrid View

Looking for some advice.

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick "How best to accomplish this". Basically I have a banner with a number of text elements in it. I have set the element has properties, set an "on-click" action to open a URL. On the event, I have a show and delay (7 seconds). But the recognition of the on click seems very inconsistent and does not appear to persist during the delay either. Also if I set the "Click movie to open URL" attribute it overrides my element property of "on-click"

Basically what I am trying to do is:

If someone clicks on the customer text element send them to a customer FAQ
    If someone clicks on the business text element send them to a business FAQ
    The rest of the movie should default to sending to my home page.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance
    jacNewbie

Here you go

I made this soon as I saw your post I hope it works it's pretty simple
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Spyk3z,

Really appreciate the sample. I'm not sure if I will get the knack of this stuff or not. Your example is really helpful. I see how your example is working.

My requirements are a little different. Because my canvas is only 60 x 120. My banner would display banner1, delay, hide banner1, show banner 2, delay, hide banner2 ...... Or per your example display "Your site banner", delay, hide, then display "Business FAQ", delay, hide, display "Customer FAQ", delay hide.

Would I lose the "button down" action when the movie moves from banner1 to delay and then to hide and if so how do I prevent that from happening? Or is using a button for a background the secret? Then I would just switch buttons which would have different URL's defined for each?

I appreciate your help for a true novice. I am learning. Hope this makes sense!

Sincerely,
    jacNewbie

Okay Ill work on it now im really bored lol

banner 2

I hope i got it right this time.
    It looks kind of small I think i made it wrogn the size of it but you can change that very easy but i will do it if you want
    Attached Files Attached Files