A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help on Loading screens please!!

Question

Hello every1
    Please can someone tell me how to make a loading screen for my flash website, so it does not stutter.

Thankyou
    if u can help mail me tjb7777@hotmail.com

------------------
    Tommy B
    E-Mail: tjb7777@hotmail.com

Try adding a preloader so the movie loads before it plays. If Flash hasn't downloaded enough info it will stop playing until the download has caught up.

Check the tutorials for a preloader.

Hope this helps,

Rich.

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Wink

When you say stutter are you saying you have a bar that show the progress of where things are in the download? If you are just make the animation clip that you have of the bar being loaded tween like 1000 frames. This will make it grow real slow. Then all you have to do is when you do checks of how much is loaded like 20% of the movie is loaded. you have a if statment action that tells the moive clip to goto and play from the place where it looks like it is at that Percent.
    You may want to test it several times over slow lines to make sure it works. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.