A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Advice from a buyer

Advice from a buyer

Hi guys as someone who has hired a lot of freelancers in the past, I just thought I would give you some pointers on how to get more business.

The main problem buyers have is trying to find the good guys in the middle of all the not so hot guys.

For example if I post a job ad here, I will get loads of responses, but it can be a pain weeding through endless portfolio's trying to find the good stuff.

I know design etc is very subjective, but think of it from the buyers side, the only thing they have to go on is your work.

A lot of recruitment is done 'undercover', buyers browse the boards looking for talent, they then approach the ones they like.

So the number one tip is make sure your portfolio is online and that its easily accessible - eg put a link from your signiture.

It would be great if there was a site where designers could upload their work, and then their peers could comment on it. At the moment finding a good freelancer can be like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

PS: I am not hiring at the moment, but I just thought I would give you some feedback from the buyers side of things.
    Brian O'Neill
    www.WordCleaner.com - Batch convert Word files to html & clean out all unnecessary tags.

Thanks for advise. Short and useful.

true ...

on to my portfolio complete with comments section now...
    thanks!