A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Second redesign

Second redesign

heres a sloppy version of my new portfolio site...I need some feedback from some savvy developers....does it look good, bad, professional, dumb, likes, dislikes..... I'm used to critiques so you can be as harsh as you want...all feedback is welcome...thanks!!!!

Its not done yet but heres the basic idea:
    http://www.definitedesignstudios.com..._web_presence/

I like the look and the colors and layout and all that. The only problem I have with it is that it hardly feels the need to be in flash. It would be almost identical in HTML except for the page name scrolling in on top. Even if you faded the pages in and out it would be better. I just feel that flash can have so much movement... use that. Besides that I like it... but try to work in so nifty page transitions.
    Two wrongs don't make a right... but three lefts do.
    www.threelefts.com

Have a look at the source code

Thanks for the feedback man..but the site is 98% HTML/CSS. The only flash is the page title transition...I appreciate it tho.

hi

well the site looks ok but maby you can expand some on your transitions

i like the clean look

maby the blue is somewhat to 'soft' --> i should add some more contrast to your site in terms of colour

bye
    d

lets revolt

Quote Originally Posted by methnred
    Thanks for the feedback man..but the site is 98% HTML/CSS. The only flash is the page title transition...I appreciate it tho.
    Hey, look at that... so it is heh. I didn't even bother to check, I just assumed it was flash since this is pretty much a flash message board. Anyways, I like the feel of the colors (my site has a similiar feel). I'm working on a new version of mine with a bit more color though. Anyways, keep up the good work.
    Two wrongs don't make a right... but three lefts do.
    www.threelefts.com

Mistress of the Night X_Piper_X's Avatar
    In the darkest deepest confinds of your mind
    Quote Originally Posted by methnred
    heres a sloppy version of my new portfolio site...I need some feedback from some savvy developers....does it look good, bad, professional, dumb, likes, dislikes..... I'm used to critiques so you can be as harsh as you want...all feedback is welcome...thanks!!!!
    Its not done yet but heres the basic idea:
    http://www.definitedesignstudios.com..._web_presence/
    It`s simplistic yet smoothe, I agree on adding the transitions. Let us know when you get it 100% finished as well so we can see the complete final result, I would like to see some of your other projects, right now they do not load for me and I`m going to guess that is because you have`nt finished linking them all up yet, but all in all it has a nice look and feel to it. Good work
    Sincerely Rock On,
    ♥Piper♥
    ↓Come Visit My Site (Piper`s Lair)↓

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are Krunchy and good with Ketchup!

Thanks

GOOD feedbaack everyone..THANKS